Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Inspire 1 Flight Times with Increased Payload of X5???

Reaction score
Website
www.astrosphereproductions.com
There is a lot of talk and specs about the new X5, and I am excited about it, but...
The X5 is a greater payload than the original Inspire Camera, and
The X5 is obviously less aerodynamic than the Original Camera

So does anyone know how long a Inspire One will fly with an X5?, and
How much is the top speed of the Inspire reduced by the X5 catching air with its lens hood?

I do a lot of long range missions up into the mountains, and I would like to know.

There is a lot of talk and specs about the new X5, and I am excited about it, but...

How much is the top speed of the Inspire reduced by the X5 catching air with its lens hood?

I do a lot of long range missions up into the mountains, and I would like to know.
Current suggestions are a 2-3 mins reduction in flight times.

math suggests 10min +/- 1min (more than likely subtract another minute)...The aircraft should get 14min hover times on a 4500 mah, that's hover though and in perfect conditions. Once you add real world atmosphere and actual flight movement that time drops.

math suggests 10min +/- 1min (more than likely subtract another minute)...The aircraft should get 14min hover times on a 4500 mah, that's hover though and in perfect conditions. Once you add real world atmosphere and actual flight movement that time drops.
Another variable to the equation that I had not yet considered is how much more battery power is consumed by the gimbal to stabilize the heftier payload of the X5.

The X5 is specced at 8W static/13W dynamic and the X5R 19.5W/25W, it's all there on the website. That obviously includes the gimbal, and is just negligible next to the 500W or so the aircraft needs to hold itself in the air.

I get 9min and 27 sec of flight time with the TB47 Battery landing with 28% Battery left. seconds vary depending on flight, but usaually always 9 min. I heard TB48 Battery only gives 2 to 3 more min max havent tested TB48 Yet always out of stock. need to come up with a mod or something flight time sux for pro video

Wow, how are those motors holding up with all that extra weight? Surely there is a diminishing return in terms of a trade off between extra battery power and adding weight. And voiding the warranty?

Wow you really worry about my drone and I really appreciate that. Or perhaps you are a glass half full guy who converts his jealously of others' accomplishments into petty criticisms.

Reactions: PB30X
If you rephrase your question to ask it like an adult I'll give you an adult answers.

How are those motors holding up with all that extra weight? Have yo noticed any ill effects in your testing? Surely there is a diminishing return in terms of a trade off between extra battery power and adding weight. Does this void the warranty?

I feel so grown up now. ;)

Reactions: Bradley
How are those motors holding up with all that extra weight? Have yo noticed any ill effects in your testing? Surely there is a diminishing return in terms of a trade off between extra battery power and adding weight. Does this void the warranty?

I feel so grown up now. ;)

ANY modification, even adding stickers voids your warranty. Confirmed by Ed and Blade. Take it up with DJI, don't shoot the messenger, etc.

No extra motor heat. On touchdown after 25min the motors were cool to touch. Don't forget these are the same motors used on the M100, rated for 3900g takeoff weight, including two TB48D batteries.

The only ill effects I have noticed in testing is how boring it is to fly for the purpose of testing flight time for 25 min.

There is a point of diminishing returns yes. I have more batteries to test though, including LiHV 3S batteries (wired in series) and very lightweight 3S 5200mah Multistars.

The nice thing is I can jump back to full stock setup just by using an unmodified battery. Easy. And for X5/X5R guys, they get decent flight times.

Horizon does the mod if you aren't keen to do it yourself. Send them your battery they send it back ready to go.

Reactions: Airtech Inspect
Yup - don't forget the standard stock Inspire is rated to 3.5kg payload capacity so what you are doing should be no problem for it.

I1Pro real world flight times

TB47 12 mins
TB48 15 mins

Mixed flying landing with batteries 30-35%
250m elevation.

more realistic
TB47 10:47
TB48 12:26
I have Both Batteries and live at an elevation of 1,000 ft above sea level.
this wass my last flight yesterday and recorded flight time from dji go app. I was mostly hovering and light flying around at low altitude.
landed 29% both batteries.
both batteries are new and has had only 6 cycles on it. no deep cycle done at this time yet. not that it make any diffrence.

1 am getting 14 minutes flying and 22 minutes with 2 2200 mah batteries strapped on

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz