Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Information you need to get ready for Remote ID

I use the DroneBeacon DB120 self contained unit on my Matrice 200 and my other drones that are no longer complient. I took minutes to get up and running and is well worth ther 130 USD price. Some photos with the DB120 on our GoPro adaptor.

We have GoPro style mounts for the DroneTag and the DroneBeacon DB120 on our eBay store IronSky Mounts | eBay Stores

Photo is on my Matrice 200 and old Yuneec H series however, works on all our mounts.

Our ad is on Mavic Pilots now and will be on Inspire,Yuneec and Parrot shortly

Attachments

• 20230514_111146.jpg
    20230514_111146.jpg
    843.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230514_105220.jpg
    20230514_105220.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 20230514_135507.jpg
    20230514_135507.jpg
    969.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230515_151225.jpg
    20230515_151225.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I am waiting before I purchase a solution. I am hoping that there will be more choices with better specs as we approach the deadline. I will need a solution for over half of my fleet. DJI should be ashamed of themselves for not supporting aircraft that still have a viable, large population out there still running.
My next enterprise purchase will reflect this and will most likely not be a DJI product for this and other reasons.
They should realize that they make great products, that last! And since they last, they need to support them instead of forcing you to buy a new drone every 3 year cycle.

My Phantom 4 Pro V2, Mavic 2 Enterprise (Zoom) and Parrot Anafi Thermal will need a Remote ID solution very soon. Also my home built bird, but this is actually the easiest since I can easily tap into power.

The self powered units are my preference. There will be more as you noted.
Agree completely on the DJI support issue everyone cannot just buy all new hardware (DJI preference of course).

• ds120_back_transparant-300x300.webp

DroneBeacon Db120 RemoteID Broadcast Module With Battery (Out Of Stock, New Stock +/- July 20th 2023)

€ 129,00 ex. VATADD TO CART

Attachments

• db120.pdf
    990.3 KB · Views: 2
Here is PDF manual app links are in it

Attachments

• db120.pdf
    990.3 KB · Views: 2
Not sure if PDF transmit here is text
1.8 Android/iOS appYou can use the free OpenDroneID OSM Android app to view the DroneBeacon Remote ID signals:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.opendroneid.android_osmOr the Drone Scanner Android app:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.dronetag.dronescannerNote: only few Android smartphones support reception of Bluetooth Long Range and/or WLAN NaNsignals. Also, in default Android configuration, WLAN Beacon signals are typically received onlyonce every few minutes. A list of supported smartphones is presented, in the link below. https://github.com/opendroneid/receiver-android/blob/master/supported-smartphones.mdiOSThe Drone Scanner app is also available for iOS. Due to limitation of iOS only BT4 reception ispossible. https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/drone-scanner/id16445487821.9 Open Drone IDDroneBeacon uses the Open Drone ID framework to broadcast Remote ID signals. The frameworkcan be found on this page: Welcome to opendroneid.org - Open Drone ID

Thank you. Apparently, Iphones are useless for this purpose.

Developer Response,​

Hi, the app usually works smoothly, however, iOS only supports Bluetooth and no Wi-Fi. Since your DJI drone uses Wi-Fi for the Remote ID, that is why you never saw your DJI drone on your iOS device. The resolution of this matter lies with Apple, as they have control over the functionality of their iOS system. We have no way to influence their decisions, our application is fully dependent on what your phone can do.

Last edited:
Got it makes sense Apple does not make open products even as good as they are

Just tried my triplets with M3T for the heck of it. Nothing. Please continue to provide insight on apps and solutions that can be used for Aerial monitoring.

Tried DroneScanner with my Samsung Galaxy and M30T and remote ID works. Update of drone position is pretty slow, several minutes after moving the drone. But it sure shows the R/C location accurately.

Great for people to find you to bother you.

Tried DroneScanner with my Samsung Galaxy and M30T and remote ID works. Update of drone position is pretty slow, several minutes after moving the drone. But it sure shows the R/C location accurately.

Great for people to find you to bother you.
Did you have to be in the air for it to start receiving data. My previous comment should have said I tried with TripleteK tablet 8 Pro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens