Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Green corrupted files X7

Reaction score
Having flown the I2 with X7 for 18 months or so this happened yesterday for the first time. Looking through the archives I see that it has happened to others, but i don't see a resolution except that DJI said they would fix the bug in an update last year. I am flying with the current firmware. This aberration happened but was not apparent except that it took 5-10 seconds for each raw dng image to resolve before I could take another. Somewhat crippling, since this was a professional media event that lasted 2 minutes.

Any solutions to this, apart from hoping it doesn't happen again? The machine is working fine again now in a test subsequent to the problem.

Rob

DJI_0895.jpg

Any solutions to this, apart from hoping it doesn't happen again? The machine is working fine again now in a test subsequent to the problem.

Hey Rob,
I've had this problem quite a bit over the last year. I've been using my X7 to perform utility inspections and that's where it seems the worst. All I can guess is its related to corruption in the image buffer. My observations are that it is MUCH worse with slower-less expensive microSD cards, and less frequent with micro SD cards that are 32GB and as fast as current, I2 compatible technology supports. Also, it almost never happens when I first start to fly a mission. it usually occurs after 10 minutes or so of image capture (~20-30 images). The ONLY real solution I have found is
1. do a quick media review of what was captured before you move on from a shot to make sure it is not corrupt.
2. when corruption starts, land and re-boot the I2. That always works.

Reactions: vertrider1
Many thanks Paul, it's happened a couple of times now, with precisely the same pattern you describe. The tell tale is that images suddenly take 5-10 seconds to process before another can be taken. And I now also use the review button on th eRC - which i never felt the need for before. And rebooting solves it. A pain though, for situations where you cannot readily land. will try with better cards, many thanks for that suggestion.

Reactions: gruvpix
Greetings. Has there been any fix to this issue except rebooting I2. Super frustrating. My Inspire does exactly the same?

Went out to do some flights with my I2 x7 yesterday. Did some manual flights, some practice etc. Set up to do a 2 battery mapping mission (using maps made easy) Not long into the flight I started getting a warning about photo capture error. I let the flight continue as it was nearly done. Drone cam back and landed fine. When I got home I had about 20 useable photos out of 130 or so. The rest were all tainted with the green and black issue and totally unusable. This was only a test mission for me to practice with and as such was not important. It would have been a disaster if it had been for a customer.

Whats the deal DJI ? its not useable like this ?

Kind of funny I just went online today for the first time in a while to make a post about this issue... It happened to me for the first time yesterday, so for about 100 total hours on the Inspire so far I can handle that frequency, but it is super annoying.
I noticed as you mentioned the images takes much longer to process, so at least if we remember this we'll know to land immediately and restart.
I am using the highest speed Sandisk card available, the only thing I could think of was it being affected by temperature. I was flying in about -20 with windchill, but then the issue went away upon restart so I doubt that was it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtpelt