Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Gimbal Growling and Finicky Focus

Reaction score
This is my first All DJI Aircraft, so please be gentle as I'm a newbie....

Inspire 2Have the stock 15 and Olympus 25 & 45. I've been using Movi gimbals for some time so am familiar with balancing etc But...

Q1:
Once balanced, I find I always need to run gimbal calibration. Is this common? I envisioned a Plug n Play environment.

Q2:
Seldom does a gimbal calibration yield a calm and quite result. More likely I can certainly feel, and sometimes even hear the gimbal "growling" in vibration. Even if I can't hear it at rest, it will growl and squeal when I move it with the remote.

When this issue is most pronounced I can see the image literally vibrating on the iPad.

Q3:
While balancing the lenses the other day I tapped the screen (in Manual Focus) and was delighted to see the image zoom in to an enlarged view. What a GREAT Feature! But I can't find out how to make it happen again. Manual Focus Assist seemed a good candidate, so I've tried it on and off, but no joy. Single tap, double tap, touch and hold.....no joy.

So...
Always have to calibrate?
How to get a smooth n quite gimbal
How to get that focus zoom

Q3:
1/ enable manual focus
2/ switch to photo mode (not video mode)

Enjoy !

I don't know why we don't have focus assist in video mode, if dji read this maybe they can modify it in next firmware.

Well Geez. I would have never guessed that. I very seldom shoot stills, so I must have been in photo mode accidentally the one time it worked.

It's all a moot point right now because we're packing the whole dang thing up and shipping it off to DJI because of the gimbal issue. We've had it since February and have had about 90 minutes of air time because other issues (props/motors/mounts) etc.

Bitter? A tad...

Thanks for your help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens