Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Future Matrice 30T owner

Reaction score
Website
kdactionphoto.smugmug.com
Hello crew
Long and short. sUAS operator since 2012. My wife and I own K & D Action Photo & Aerial Imaging. Have done a lot of imaging over the years with many rigs. On the verge of a M30T with base station. I have 30 years site experience. Accuracy is everything in construction. Is the M30T capable? Not gonna look at the 300.
Thanks
Kevin

Reactions: GFields and clackey
Hello crew
Long and short. sUAS operator since 2012. My wife and I own K & D Action Photo & Aerial Imaging. Have done a lot of imaging over the years with many rigs. On the verge of a M30T with base station. I have 30 years site experience. Accuracy is everything in construction. Is the M30T capable? Not gonna look at the 300.
Thanks
Kevin
Are you planning on using the RTK option to map construction sites? If yes - then the M30T should do just fine.

The M30 is not for mapping.

The RTK is for positioning only. The accurate coordinates from RTK are NOT used in the metadata of the images. So when you process in the photogrammetry program of choice you will have the same inaccuracy of a non-RTK drone.
You can still use ground control points though to introduce your absolute accuracy.

The RTK in the M30(T), Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced and Mavic 3T is not for mapping.

You will be able to perform inspections that are centimeter repeatable giving you images that overlay each other very well and video too.

OP, if your goal is mapping, then a Mavic 3 Enterprise, Mavic 3 Multispectral with RTK module or Autel Evo 2 RTK or Enterprise with RTK module are all good choices.

The M30 is not for mapping.

The RTK is for positioning only. The accurate coordinates from RTK are NOT used in the metadata of the images. So when you process in the photogrammetry program of choice you will have the same inaccuracy of a non-RTK drone.
You can still use ground control points though to introduce your absolute accuracy.

The RTK in the M30(T), Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced and Mavic 3T is not for mapping.

You will be able to perform inspections that are centimeter repeatable giving you images that overlay each other very well and video too.

OP, if your goal is mapping, then a Mavic 3 Enterprise, Mavic 3 Multispectral with RTK module or Autel Evo 2 RTK or Enterprise with RTK module are all good choices.
Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks for the clarification.
The M30T will be used for construction inspection, utility inspection, and basically aerial inspection when a ladder, or other means of elevated reach are not available. I have taken every tool in our imaging business and developed uses beyond the scope the tool has. I have 30 years of site inspection and a process piping degree. Sometimes you have to invent uses for your tool…Don’t tell my wife that…:)

unless you need all weather performance, my experience says that the Mavic 3 Enterprise Thermal will better meet your needs. the M30 is big and bulky and alot more $$ than the Mavic 3T. the M30T has a separate battery charging case, and the batteries are more $$. the Mavic 3 offers a little better battery time and a much simpler to use remote control. I have the m30T that i use for search and rescue with my fire department, but i also use it for thermal roof inspections and other thermal inspection work because i already have it. I wish i had the smaller M3T drone for the thermal work, its just eaiser to work with.

Reactions: bazcar and jaja6009

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103