Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

UK Flying in Portugal

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with permissions for flying in Portugal and transporting an inspire into the country which they'd be willing to share?

Does anyone have any experience with permissions for flying in Portugal and transporting an inspire into the country which they'd be willing to share?
I think INAC are fairly relaxed and are still at the table putting together some rules. That was the last I heard around 6 months ago.
Hopefully a Portuguese native will be along soon to confirm.
Obviously your PFAW will be meaningless as it is UK specific and depending on your insurer you may not have cover outside the UK (you will know the answer to that one better than anybody else). :)

Hey I can answer this one. I travel to Portugal regularly as my parents are native to the Azores Islands. I fly in and out with my quads and have never had an issue. People there think they are awesome and it always gathers a crowd, police officers included. Brought mine as carry-on on the SATA planes. They are behind the times and I have heard zero about regulations from people and authorities. Not to say there are none, but no one seems to care.

Hey I can answer this one. I travel to Portugal regularly as my parents are native to the Azores Islands. I fly in and out with my quads and have never had an issue. People there think they are awesome and it always gathers a crowd, police officers included. Brought mine as carry-on on the SATA planes. They are behind the times and I have heard zero about regulations from people and authorities. Not to say there are none, but no one seems to care.
I want to live in Portugal!!!!!!! :p

Is this advice still current? I'm hoping to take my P4 there early September. I've emailed all the bodies I can think of : airline/airport(both UK and Portuguese), ANAC, BMFA etc. So far the only response is from my airline Monarch who say fine as carry on with two batteries ~85Wh each providing the spare is insulated in a plastic bag (inferring that one battery is fine in the craft - I will likely put both in bags though as safer I should think.
BMFA say their standard recreational insurance will be fine which I expected but wanted confirmation. Although the policy does say that UAV activities are only covered when operating within applicable laws. I've so far had no luck finding what these laws are and if they indeed exist.
I've had no other replies from the other bodies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz