Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

USA Flight Apps

Reaction score
In the past, I have been checking various individual sources before a flight. Sector maps, Local METARS and NOTAMS, KP Index etc most from different sources. Out of curiosity, I'm guessing that there are some apps out there that will check most of these items all at the same time or at least all from within one app. Maybe even something that would let me keep an extra note or two as part of a flight log or maintenance logs. I have seen a few apps out there, but some are just junk and not very complete.

May I ask what the rest of you are using or doing to check an area before your flights?

If you want a high quality powerful app for notams, tfr's, weather, airport data, etc check out Foreflight. It is subscription based.

Hover (Hover - an app for Drone Enthusiasts) is a great app that assists with NFZs (includes TFRs), KP Index, and Weather. The app also has a very basic flight log (can't add any notes etc).

HealthyDrones.com in my opinion is the best application out there for flight logging.

In addition to checking Hover (which does not have the most detail on airspace) I also jump on SkyVector.com to take a closer look. SkyVector is also the only place (that I am aware of) where you can see DROTAMS.

Hover (Hover - an app for Drone Enthusiasts) is a great app that assists with NFZs (includes TFRs), KP Index, and Weather. The app also has a very basic flight log (can't add any notes etc).

HealthyDrones.com in my opinion is the best application out there for flight logging.

In addition to checking Hover (which does not have the most detail on airspace) I also jump on SkyVector.com to take a closer look. SkyVector is also the only place (that I am aware of) where you can see DROTAMS.

I'll check out HealthyDrones. But I also use SkyVector.. Great site.. and wish they would add a few of the other features to make it a complete source.

Reactions: Advexure
If you want a high quality powerful app for notams, tfr's, weather, airport data, etc check out Foreflight. It is subscription based.

I have heard this was a good app.. but thought it was more for manned aircraft.. Also I tend to avoid subscription based solutions if possible. But appreciate your input.

Reactions: SanCap

ForeFlight is great but I personally don't think it's necessary for drone operators. I had it for a year or two when I obtained my private pilot's license and at the time it was the only complete app out there for pilots (this is when iPads had just come out). My flight instructor was old school but I wanted to be geared in 21st century technology and absolutely loved ForeFlight during that time. I do think there are enough other resources out there specifically geared for drone operators now where ForeFlight is a bit overkill for unmanned aircraft operation.

you have been busy Maverik which commercial field are you going to get into ?

Hello marg. I use to love to fly R/C planes and collective pitch heli's nearly 2 decades ago.. Things have changed quite a bit, but I now own an engineering firm and work with land development so the 3d mapping is what I have been working on. Frankly I'm still testing out the technology to see if it's accurate enough for QA but it does show promise.. and of course allows me to relive the glory days just bit in the process.. ;)

I'm still learning at this stage but finding myself immersed in it and having a great time. So any instruction and advice is always appreciated.

Hey Maverik once i get my 107 planning to do real state developing monitoring wish is like mapping, been playing with map pilot app, but really don't know how to market the maps, more like survey every week or so and deliver the images so they can follow progres of area, and cycling ,running events, will start a a weekend warrior till my old job ends , if you have any inputs more than welcome. hope your I2 will get u there
Mariano

I use Foreflight. As a commercial operator doing most of my work within 5 nautical miles of at least one Class E airspace aerodrome at any time, I am required to check for and file NOTAM's for every mission, plus have access to current charts and CFS (Canada Flight Supplement). A Foreflight subscription @ 140 USD per year is very reasonable for a single source of all the pertinent information that I require to operate.

I second Sky Demon - once you create a simple flight path point (two points on the map) it gives you complete NOTOM and METARs. That coupled with the UAV Forecast on the iPad works really well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens