Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

USA FAA Form 8050-2 Bill of Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
For new purchases are you guys going the notarized letter route with bill of sale? Has anyone actually got their retailer to fill of the 8050-2??

For new purchases are you guys going the notarized letter route with bill of sale? Has anyone actually got their retailer to fill of the 8050-2??
If you buy your UAV from a store the only thing you need is the original receipt. I don't know about if you buy one used but it don't seem to be a big issue with them at the moment.

I posted this in a related thread, but since it is relevant, I thought I would post it here too..

I read through the N number registration link that Utah Drone Imaging provided in the "other" thread and one of the items sounds a little weird, so I thought I would ask a question.
Specifically....

"The first time a new aircraft is registered, the manufacturer must complete and submit Aeronautical Center Form 8050-88, Affidavit of Ownership for Experimental Aircraft Including Amateur-Built Aircraft and Other Non-Type Certificated Aircraft (AC Form 8050-88), selecting the third box for build type."

Can anyone share how that is supposed to happen? Is there an existing DJI standard Form 8050-88 that will apply to all Inspire owners?

Advice? Comments?

So, is the current thinking to have your Bill of Sale notarized and simply send that by itself?

I posted this in a related thread, but since it is relevant, I thought I would post it here too..

I read through the N number registration link that Utah Drone Imaging provided in the "other" thread and one of the items sounds a little weird, so I thought I would ask a question.
Specifically....

"The first time a new aircraft is registered, the manufacturer must complete and submit Aeronautical Center Form 8050-88, Affidavit of Ownership for Experimental Aircraft Including Amateur-Built Aircraft and Other Non-Type Certificated Aircraft (AC Form 8050-88), selecting the third box for build type."

Can anyone share how that is supposed to happen? Is there an existing DJI standard Form 8050-88 that will apply to all Inspire owners?

Advice? Comments?

So, is the current thinking to have your Bill of Sale notarized and simply send that by itself?

Transpire, To my knowledge all you need to do is fill out the "N" number form and send in the receipt for your UAV. No need to complicate the process. I am still waiting to get mine back but that's all I did and thats exactly how I was told to do it from the FSDO Office here in SLC.

Specifically....

Advice? Comments?

This is only relevant to Experimental airplanes... Like mine in my avitar....

This is only relevant to Experimental airplanes... Like mine in my avitar....
Incorrect. They require 8050-88. I have registered more than a few and this form will make sure you do not run into issues. Fill it out as follows:

U.S. Identification - N Numer you have reserved if applicable
Name of builder- DJI
Model - Inspire T600
Class - Rotorcraft UAS
Manufacturer, Model and serial number of engines - DJI 3510 - No Serial Numbers
Built for Land/Sea- Land
Number of Seats - None N/A

Check box 3

Also, make sure you print your name in the box below your signature on the 8050-2

Incorrect. They require 8050-88. I have registered more than a few and this form will make sure you do not run into issues. Fill it out as follows:

Name of builder- DJI
Model - Inspire T600
Class - Rotorcraft UAS
Built for Land/Sea- Land

Check box 3

Also, make sure you print your name in the box below your signature on the 8050-2

wow, thank you for this information. I stand corrected.

Why stop at models. I think its stupid to regulate aircraft in general. I mean since these models can now fly at altitude with and integrate into the NAS rather than incorporate them into it what we should do is scrap the NAS and allow all aircraft to fly wherever and how ever they want. I mean really when you look at it, the FAA has done a terrible job regulating the skies thus far and the is the reason air travel is the most dangerous form of travel.... oh wait. o_O

The whole thing with the FAA drone licensing is plain "Goofy"

Thanks to all the automation of drones allowing idiots to fly them in places they don't belong; i.e. airports - public events etc., the FAA has chosen to penalize not them, but the sincere experienced RC pilots who are actually doing something constructive with our drones. Do you think for a minute even one of these morons who are flying at 8.000 ft over airports are going to get their pilots license - not a chance in hell!

What benefit is it at all for me to be able to fly a full size aircraft to be able to fly my model safely. The answer is none! What if a R/C pilot does not want to fly in a small aircraft? Does that mean he can't pursue a career in models. What if a pilot does not have the funds to get a pilots license, does that also mean he cannot pursue a career in models.

This is what happens when a government committee sits in an office making rules, regulations and laws on models when there is not one person present who even has a clue on what a drone is, or how to fly them. What the hell, maybe next year to be even safer - the FAA will require us to get a commercial license to fly a jumbo Jet with 400 passengers.

The correct procedure to regulate who flies professional or for hire is to have pilots take required flying and written test that pertain to the safe operation of models - not flying a full scale aircraft.

Until we have an organization that represents drone pilots and proper safe procedure for flying them were all just cattle in a pen - roaming around with out a cause and the government wolfs are picking their next prey!

The whole thing with the FAA drone licensing is plain "Goofy"

Thanks to all the automation of drones allowing idiots to fly them in places they don't belong; i.e. airports - public events etc., the FAA has chosen to penalize not them, but the sincere experienced RC pilots who are actually doing something constructive with our drones. Do you think for a minute even one of these morons who are flying at 8.000 ft over airports are going to get their pilots license - not a chance in hell!

What benefit is it at all for me to be able to fly a full size aircraft to be able to fly my model safely. The answer is none! What if a R/C pilot does not want to fly in a small aircraft? Does that mean he can't pursue a career in models. What if a pilot does not have the funds to get a pilots license, does that also mean he cannot pursue a career in models.

This is what happens when a government committee sits in an office making rules, regulations and laws on models when there is not one person present who even has a clue on what a drone is, or how to fly them. What the hell, maybe next year to be even safer - the FAA will require us to get a commercial license to fly a jumbo Jet with 400 passengers.

The correct procedure to regulate who flies professional or for hire is to have pilots take required flying and written test that pertain to the safe operation of models - not flying a full scale aircraft.

Until we have an organization that represents drone pilots and proper safe procedure for flying them were all just cattle in a pen - roaming around with out a cause and the government wolfs are picking their next prey!

Tsk.. Tsk.. It's okay, they'll get it figured out in time. Certainly not near as fast as the we'd like nor as fast as the rest of the free world but when America does something we ALWAYS take it to the extreme, biggie size it & beat dead beyond recognition. It's excess American style, the FAA has chose to suck a regulating UAS & they are set on being the world's worst gov't agency & won't stop until they get the trophy, t-shirt, & frisbee! Just think, you haven't even heard a peep from the FCC & EPA, they've been waiting for the FAA to get their act together before they lay down a new bed of regulations. Can you imagine how many guys have come of with idea to put a linear amp on they're transmitters? The FCC knows this & unfortunately the HAMS are in dire straits with SO many people turning up Rf on Amateur band, 1.2, 2.4, 5.8, & 1.9ghz as well as lower freq.

It's a real mess right now...

Wormwood

Here's a awful thought -but its just a matter of time before some "quote - unquote" drone flyer is up in the clouds 4-5,000 ft up and collides with a private plane. The airport rule does not encompass complete safe flying regulations - private planes fly "Everywhere", not just around airports. When this happens, and it will, drones as we know them will be history and we'll all have to start flying models in the confines of AMA fields again like we used to.

Our real enemy is not the ignorance of the FAA - its the morons who walk into Best Buy or get on Ebay and buy a drone without even a clue that this toy could kill hundreds of people if not flown properly.

Take a look on You-tube and you'll find all these Pro-Drone flyers are all trying to out-do each other by flying further and higher that the other Youtuber, to show off their skills

We are doomed guys!

Reactions: Highrpm955
That is a seriously ridiculous amount of red tape for a drone. It's like they're TRYING to make it so hard that no one bothers.

CASA here in Australia have their faults, but I think they've taken an amazingly forward thinking, intelligent response with what they require.
The costs of certification are still very high and do make it really prohibitive for your average Joe Blow to bother licensing him/her self, which is a actually a shame, as I think good training for everyone might go a long way towards reducing that moron factor.
But it's certainly not quite as ridiculous as what you all go through with N Numbers on drones. That's utterly stupid.
The CASA response here has been fantastic, they are doing the best they can to balance the competing needs of a new technology, with the need for safe skies.

My process for reducing the moron factor would be:
Increase the fines for breaches so that it's more painful financially if caught than it is to become legitimate;
reduce the costs of becoming legitimate so that even average Joe Blo can be trained properly, as that could reduce the moron factor a little;
wherever clear breaches are shown on YouTube or a company's website etc, police them and FOLLOW THROUGH to a well publicised prosecution - that would probably help reduce the, "I'll never get caught" mentality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name of builder- DJI
Model - Inspire T600
Class - Rotorcraft UAS
Built for Land/Sea- Land

Check box 3

That is awesome info CaptainBadge, thank you very much. So, just for clarification sake....we need to have the 8050-2 and the 8050-88 forms to go along with the 8050-1 form to get an N number? Or do we submit the 8050-1 and -2 first and then submit the -88 once we have an N number?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

That is awesome info CaptainBadge, thank you very much. So, just for clarification sake....we need to have the 8050-2 and the 8050-88 forms to go along with the 8050-1 form to get an N number? Or do we submit the 8050-1 and -2 first and then submit the -88 once we have an N number?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Send all in at the same time. I reserve an N Number so that I can have all of my Aircraft in a sequence but also to simplify the process.

Thank you! Any advice on how to work out the seller information on the 8050-2? I bought mine from DJI on ebay. I have the "paperwork" for the transaction...I just don't have anybody to sign the 8050-2 as a seller.

Thanks for the help!

Thank you! Any advice on how to work out the seller information on the 8050-2? I bought mine from DJI on ebay. I have the "paperwork" for the transaction...I just don't have anybody to sign the 8050-2 as a seller.

Thanks for the help!
I just attach a copy of the receipt. Notarize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz