Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Early morning video with X5

Love it! Very atmospheric. Can I ask what camera settings you used and focus? Also what video editor are you using?

Hi Michael, sure. This was my first proper flight, so I'm still tweaking. Custom settings are contrast, sharpness and saturation each set to 0. No sharpening in post. Manual focus set at infinity. Exposure set with shutter priority set at 1/100th sec. I can't remember what the ISO was set at, maybe about 200, aperture was f4 I think. Editing software is Sony Vegas Platinum.

very nice. the x5 is way better than the x3.
I agree John. I was very sceptical at first, and in particular with regards to the bitrate. I have found if I shoot at 4k and maintain 60mbps, then I can't see any problem. Before buying the camera I was reading every single post and pixel peeping at every single YT video. In the end I made the jump to buy it, and yes, you are right, it is far better than the X3.

I agree John. I was very sceptical at first, and in particular with regards to the bitrate. I have found if I shoot at 4k and maintain 60mbps, then I can't see any problem. Before buying the camera I was reading every single post and pixel peeping at every single YT video. In the end I made the jump to buy it, and yes, you are right, it is far better than the X3.

That's funny

It was refreshing to not hear some soppy ENYA or something over a video.

I actually enjoyed the birdsong more than the images, which, btw seem very nice indeed

You'll figure it out....I have faith
I'm not trying to be awkward. You clearly have more experience in this area of cinematography than myself, so please, educate me. I say the X5 is far better than the X3, and you say it's 'funny' so please, enlighten me.

Nice video indeed. Could have easily been shot with the X3. Would have looked identical to the untrained eye.
Well, perhaps to the untrained eye, but to me I can see big improvements that have eradicated all the issues I didn't like with the X3. The oversharpened X3 'look', the lack of definition and mushiness in high detail areas such as grass and trees, the compression artifacts during fast camera movements. I said earlier that, for me personally, the X5 is far better than the X3, for other's that improvement cannot be seen, which is fine.

Reactions: johnmont250
Totally agree with you Howard.

Aesthetically the image has a far more photographic feel, the colours are more translucent and natural and there is no noticeable distortion at the edge of the frame. But it is in the background of the image that one notices the most improvement both in contrast, lack of compression and image detail.

I'm really looking forward to receiving the X5 unit. I've still to decide which lens to go for, at the moment I'm inclined to go for the wider aspect of the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital Edition 12mm f2.0. However some results from the DJI lens have been very impressive.

Reactions: howard rockliffe
Totally agree with you Howard.

Aesthetically the image has a far more photographic feel, the colours are more translucent and natural and there is no noticeable distortion at the edge of the frame. But it is in the background of the image that one notices the most improvement both in contrast, lack of compression and image detail.

I'm really looking forward to receiving the X5 unit. I've still to decide which lens to go for, at the moment I'm inclined to go for the wider aspect of the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital Edition 12mm f2.0. However some results from the DJI lens have been very impressive.
I agree, the image definitely has a 'film look' to it, which I really like. I have just received the Olympus 12mm lens as I type. Disappointed that it has arrived without a lens hood though! A visit to Ebay I guess. Cheers.

I was up at the crack of dawn this morning, shooting some sunrise footage in the Chew Valley with the X5 . I was blessed with some lovely lighting and misty fields...

HELL YES! This is great. I am not seeing all the mushy stuff in the turf that I get with my X3. Obviously, you are paying attention to focusing, even thought this is your first encounter. Very nice footage...beautiful. I am so encouraged by this footage and others that are finally posting. Thanks!

Reactions: howard rockliffe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz