Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Dumping X5R SSD

Reaction score
Hello,
I've read all the threads I can and still am not clear on this question - is there anyway to extract the files captured on the X5R SSD directly from the SSD to a computer without using Cinelight? I don't care about working with this files until later and just need to be able to save the files, clear the card, and shoot more video.

Thanks!

Hello,
I've read all the threads I can and still am not clear on this question - is there anyway to extract the files captured on the X5R SSD directly from the SSD to a computer without using Cinelight? I don't care about working with this files until later and just need to be able to save the files, clear the card, and shoot more video.

Thanks!

AFAIK, not at the present time; at least, not until DJI unlocks the SSD. So it's either Cinelight for Mac or Exporter for Win.

This is another consequence of allowing the Apple model of closed ecosystems. The company makes more money and the customers pays more.

Brian

Ahhh...now I know why I have started to second guess my interest in DJI products having lived the last 5 year not liking Apple.

Damon, is the size of the ssd the same or similar to micro ssd m2 standard?
i can not imagine dji producing a separate size...

what about the sdd filesystem dji uses... any info on that?
is it copyble?

I believe so but not sure.

Also not sure on the formatting. It doesn't appear as a normal mounted volume in the OS, so I'd guess it is a proprietary format.

do you think it would be possible to format a micro ssd off the shelf if the size fits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do you think it would be possible to format a micro ssd off the shelf if the size fits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing they have something arranged to prevent that but I could be wrong.

I do note that they have two partitions as far as I can tell: one is a regular exFAT or similar small volume called "DJI" that does actually mount and oddly, contains a copy of the CineLight and Windows exporter software installers.

I'd guess the X5R, when formatting an SSD only wipes the second mystery partition and leaves the "DJI" one alone. But it may look for it or something else to verify the SSD is "genuine" DJI.

If someone wants to hack something together I'd be happy to try formatting it in the X5R.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctfulgham