Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Control the Ronin MX Gimbal with Matrice remote

Reaction score
Hey,
I recently bought a used Matrice m600 pro including the Ronin MX Gimbal and an Airpixel Entire module for remote control of my attached camera.
At the moment I can only control the Ronin (pan tilt) with a separate Ronin remote controller. But I would like to have the tilt function on my Matrice remote controller as I usually don't have a second person while flying. Do you know if it is possible to put the tilt control on the Matrice remote? (one of the rear wheels like on a Mavic)

Thanks. lot for you help in advance!

I just bought the 600 pro + MX setup, too, and tilt was just enabled on the Pilot remote, so maybe you can go into DJI Assistant and assign the left scroll wheel to tilt? How's the Entire working out? What camera are you controlling with it?

Reactions: rogiervanderheide
Thanks for your feedback! I actually found the mistake why I wasn't able to control the gimbal: The CAN cable was plugged in the wrong port on the Matrice: It was in the CAN2 instead in the CAN1. After changing it it does work perfectly :)
Regarding the Entire: I´m actually not really happy with the quality of the remote commander. Sometimes it works, sometime it doesn't. I ended up using the Intervall timer from the camera: One shot every 4 seconds with fixed ISO and aperture priority. How about your setup?

Interesting. Just ordered the ENTIRE kit after a colleague recommended it. Fingers crossed, my results are closer to his than yours. Doing a lot of testing in the next couple of weeks to find out the range and reliability of:
A) the IR trigger with the DJI Start/Stop,
B)the Air Commander ENTIRE options (Link and non-Link),
and C) Sony A1/A7RIV and Canon R5c/R3 using built their in wifi, connected to WiFi extenders, controlled by an iPad.

My first job is a stills shoot, where burst mode will be needed, and the ability to adjust exposure, or exposure compensation (if shooting in TV mode with ISO set to Auto) would be really valuable. Still not sure if getting the Expansion Module + a second Matrice remote, or a Futaba or similar 3rd party remote would be better, for both control and client viewing. Any thoughts on the above would be great, especially if there's a resource that can help me understand what wifi signals are ok, and which might interfere with the Matrice's. I'll try to follow up with my findings.

Hey,
I recently bought a used Matrice m600 pro including the Ronin MX Gimbal and an Airpixel Entire module for remote control of my attached camera.
At the moment I can only control the Ronin (pan tilt) with a separate Ronin remote controller. But I would like to have the tilt function on my Matrice remote controller as I usually don't have a second person while flying. Do you know if it is possible to put the tilt control on the Matrice remote? (one of the rear wheels like on a Mavic)

Thanks. lot for you help in advance!
Sorry I cannot help you. However, can you explain, please, how you have set it all up so you use the Ronin MX controller while the gimbal is mounted under the M600? In my setup, all gimbal controls have moved to the M600 ground controller and I do not know how to include the Ronin MX controller in the setup, thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbair