Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Charging TB60 batts in the field/what are you using?

Bonjour, j'utilise la valise charge tout simplement; Elle est un peu lourde mais elle fait bien le job

Using an Eco BearCat 2000 portable generator. After my last full day job, Im trying to understand if I need a stronger generator or another set of batteries. Towards the end of the day I ended up waiting about 15 minutes each set of batteries for my last couple of flights. Not very impressed when I drop a set in the charger and the logic selects two units that are not a matched set, when the first set had already been charging for ~10 minutes....

Using an Eco BearCat 2000 portable generator. After my last full day job, Im trying to understand if I need a stronger generator or another set of batteries. Towards the end of the day I ended up waiting about 15 minutes each set of batteries for my last couple of flights. Not very impressed when I drop a set in the charger and the logic selects two units that are not a matched set, when the first set had already been charging for ~10 minutes....
Thanks.

I personally use a small Generator most of the time (Honda 2000si) More ideally I have used the EcoFlow unit.

Band of Brothers UAS has those available via Everythinglifesaving.com Paul can hook you up with a price better than Amazon if you are interested.

Or a lot of operators have installed vehicle-mounted inverter systems but, that can get complicated and drive you crazy if not done properly.

I personally use a small Generator most of the time (Honda 2000si) More ideally I have used the EcoFlow unit.

Band of Brothers UAS has those available via Everythinglifesaving.com Paul can hook you up with a price better than Amazon if you are interested.

Or a lot of operators have installed vehicle-mounted inverter systems but, that can get complicated and drive you crazy if not done properly.
What size EcoFlow unit do you use?

The TB60 charge cases needs a little over 6 amps at 120v for about 750 watts of draw. I use the A-iPower SUA2000iv along with a 10AWG cable L5-30P into 2X 5-20R cable into 2 TB60 charge cases. The thing that I'd love to see is a separate top-off charger, even a 12v compatible charger, for the 80-100% top-off charging stage which is more like a slow charge and takes foooreveeeeerrrrrr and doesn't require a high amp draw at all compared to the 10-80% stage. Haven't measured it yet, but hope to soon... I have tried pulling the batteries at 80% but the issue is that often one battery charges faster than the other and takes a while longer to hit 100% than the other, and if you install them in the M300 before topping off it tends to give the large voltage difference warning and won't take off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz