Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Camera requires upgrade

Reaction score
Hi guys

My inspire overall status bar display "camera requires upgrade"
App version 2.4.0
Aircraft version 1.4.00.10+
RC version 1.4.30
Camera version Unknown

How to go about upgrading the camera as requested by status bar.

Refards

Awie

Glitch, no upgrade for camera exists or is needed. Will be patched in next firmware release.

Hmm I'm not so sure about it being a Glitch, there are plenty people on the Facebook groups saying they had to load the firmware in order to get the camera to work.

It is, i'm on those groups too. Have to remember, sometimes it's blind leading the blind in these groups. I fought trying to find the upgrade just like Awie did and finally spoke to DJI. So, take it for what it is worth, but a DJI support rep told me to ignore it that the message was not accurate and will be fixed in the next firmware update.

Haha! I suppose I could have rephrased that but it's still true. There are LOTS of knowledgeable guys in here as well as the FB group... However, it sometimes becomes a game of 'telephone' where people that don't know what they are talking about share misinformation and it gets passed on.

Reactions: Quadpilot
Haha! I suppose I could have rephrased that but it's still true. There are LOTS of knowledgeable guys in here as well as the FB group... However, it sometimes becomes a game of 'telephone' where people that don't know what they are talking about share misinformation and it gets passed on.
Nice save...... :p

Thanks guys for the help. Guess I will have to wait for the firm upgrade.

Fly safe

Amen!

Not sure if this was conclusively answered but the initial batch of I1Pro/X5 does indeed need a camera update and the few is found on the link in the post by 'the editor'.

It's not a glitch - when the camera fw says unknown in the about listing in the app, it needs updating - tx needs updated also which is a substantial upgrade as it gives manual focus control with a long press on c1 and focus with gimbal tilt dial - screen auto zooms x 2 while in manual focus mode - very much better than the non tactile on screen manual focus wheel.

Last edited:
Not sure if this was conclusively answered but the initial batch of I1Pro/X5 does indeed need a camera update and the few is found on the link in the post by 'the editor'.

It's not a glitch - when the camera fw says unknown in the about listing in the app, it needs updating - txt needs updated also which is a substantial upgrade as it gives manual focus control with a long press on c1 and focus with gimbal tilt dial - screen auto zooms x 2 while in manual focus mode - very much better than the non tactile on screen manual focus wheel.

I do believe that was an RC FW update that enabled the additional functions on the C1/C2 buttons.

That's what typed but auto correct turned it into txt - fixed now

It really is a major improvement in camera setting so essential imo

Makes sense jhkion, thanks. How to go about this as I have the latest fw installed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz