Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Avionics error

Reaction score
Helping a client with their M300 and will continually get the same error across multiple M300’s just by having the payload put into the drone (nothing electronically plugged in or turned on)

It comes back sometimes as an avionics error and sometimes as a sensor error?

Error number: 0x1610004a

Has anyone seen this error before?

I just ran into this problem tonight when launching the Matrice 300 with a payload attached. (Do not know the exact name of the payload system we are running). I disconnected the payload system and it was perfectly fine. This is the first time I experienced the issue. Same exact error code.

Helping a client with their M300 and will continually get the same error across multiple M300’s just by having the payload put into the drone (nothing electronically plugged in or turned on)

So just by attaching a payload, you are getting an error message without plugging the payload in? You turn the drone on, with payload disconnected/unplugged but mounted, and you get an error message? Doesnt seem to make sense. Is any payload plugged in when you attach this one? Which payload is it?

I wanted to see if anyone could provide insight on the Avionics overload error message. I am running the P1 and I get the error message continually. Checking to see what is causing this and how to fix it.

I wanted to see if anyone could provide insight on the Avionics overload error message. I am running the P1 and I get the error message continually. Checking to see what is causing this and how to fix it.
Same here. I contacted the company I got it from and they told me to check for any stickers we may have forgotten to remove on the Zenmuse H20 camera (we just got it last week), but there were no stickers. So their advice then was to calibrate the visual systems to fix the error, but I am still struggling to figure out how to do that.

Same here. I contacted the company I got it from and they told me to check for any stickers we may have forgotten to remove on the Zenmuse H20 camera (we just got it last week), but there were no stickers. So their advice then was to calibrate the visual systems to fix the error, but I am still struggling to figure out how to do that.
Keeg, you would use DJI Assistant for that. This might help.

Did the calibration fix the issue?
I have not yet had a chance to try the calibration and see if that fixes it. I own 2 of the M300's and both of them throw Avionics Overload/Errors during flight. I had to send one back because the props are on so tight that the bolt head broke off when trying to remove the props to swap them out. I reported the errors and they replaced boards inside so I will be finding out in the next few days if the Avionics errors continue. I also fly a 3rd M300 that belongs to someone else and I never get Avionics errors on that one. It is a good bit older than my two. Oddly enough, it was having GPS errors and would constantly stop flying a mapping mission. We had to send it in to replace the GPS module. I will try to the "calibration" discussed and see if that will fix the Avionics error on my M300. I personally believe this is due to internal electronic problems.

I have not yet had a chance to try the calibration and see if that fixes it. I own 2 of the M300's and both of them throw Avionics Overload/Errors during flight. I had to send one back because the props are on so tight that the bolt head broke off when trying to remove the props to swap them out. I reported the errors and they replaced boards inside so I will be finding out in the next few days if the Avionics errors continue. I also fly a 3rd M300 that belongs to someone else and I never get Avionics errors on that one. It is a good bit older than my two. Oddly enough, it was having GPS errors and would constantly stop flying a mapping mission. We had to send it in to replace the GPS module. I will try to the "calibration" discussed and see if that will fix the Avionics error on my M300. I personally believe this is due to internal electronic problems.
Yeah ok. I also use the CSM Radar cos most of my flights are at night. So not sure if that's somehow causing it. It's such a non descriptive error. Very frustrating.

I am using the P1 camera. Again, I think it is internal component problems. But hopefully I can get that tested in the next week. I will fly it and do a screen recording and then do the calibration and fly it again to see if it corrects it or if it is just a myth.

I am using the P1 camera. Again, I think it is internal component problems. But hopefully I can get that tested in the next week. I will fly it and do a screen recording and then do the calibration and fly it again to see if it corrects it or if it is just a myth.
Same. I'm waiting to hear back from DJI with my logs. The support isn't very great here in Australia. Having 10's of thousands invested in this system and almost zero support is horrid!!

Reactions: MikeA

Hello,

We encountered this issue recently. The M300 has several sensors distributed around the body, including one on the bottom of the unit. We believe that the addition of the payload makes the DJI unit believe it is too close to an object so the sensor throws an error code, as designed. If the sensor is completely covered with a cap or tape, DJI will recognize that the sensor is not receiving inputs and it will automatically disable that sensor. Our payload came with a cap for one of the sensors. However, if the sensor is receiving inputs that don't make sense, it will throw an error. To clear the error, the sensor must be completely covered with a cap or tape and DJI will disable the sensor.

We ran into an issue recently when our sensor cover on the bottom of our M300 unit (with a payload) became partially dislodged. It still appeared to be covering the sensor, but some light was being received by the sensor. The field team was able to recognize that the cap was not being effective. They covered the sensor with duct tape in the field and were able to complete the flight.

So, if you are receiving the "Avionics Sensor System Error (0x1610004a)" check to see if any of the M300 sensors are dirty, have condensation, are being obscured or if an existing sensor cap has become ineffective. Hopefully this post helps since there was very limited information available for this error online.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wanderlost

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens