Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Any advice for mapping with H20 on M300?

Reaction score
My organization is likely going to be purchasing an M300 in the near future. 90% of what we do is pretty basic orthomosaic creation, with a little bit of 3D mapping. We've been using a P4, so I'm excited for the upgrade.

A lot of our mapping will be using a Micasense RedEdge-MX, but we will need a finer resolution for some mapping solutions. We will probably end up getting the P1 at some point (and the L1 - super excited about that one), but it looks like we are limited to the H20 for the time being.

I'm seeing that mapping with the 12 MP wide lens isn't too difficult, but is there any way to utilize the 20 MP zoom lens? I understand that the zoom aspect of it isn't really conducive to accurate mapping, but can you set the zoom level so it's constant to take advantage of the 20 MP camera?

Anyone mapping with the H20 successfully?

I feel like this is a duplicate post but... Here is what I wrote on the other thread

We have done some mapping with it but since the RTK data does not transfer to the H20 and H20T it is really not the best. DJI officially says it is not intended for mapping. Where are you based out of? We will be doing some hands-on work/training with the L1 and P1 next week in South Florida and would be happy to share data or provide you with some data sets.

Personal Opinion of:

Michael W. den Hartog
Retail Manager Florida Drone Supply
and SWFL FAA Safety Team Drone Pro
[email protected]

I feel like this is a duplicate post but... Here is what I wrote on the other thread

We have done some mapping with it but since the RTK data does not transfer to the H20 and H20T it is really not the best. DJI officially says it is not intended for mapping. Where are you based out of? We will be doing some hands-on work/training with the L1 and P1 next week in South Florida and would be happy to share data or provide you with some data sets.

Personal Opinion of:

Michael W. den Hartog
[email protected]
Where at in South Florida do you train? And, what does your training consist of? I have an M300/P1 and could use a better knowledge base.

We are in the Fort Myers area. feel free to give us a call or drop me an email.

Personal Opinion of:

Michael W. den Hartog
239-533-0072
[email protected]
Michael,
Any experience using the FPRN for RTK data? Im signed up, have the inputs, but cant seem to get the drone connected. Wondering if you or your team has had any experience with the system.
Thanks - Gabe

My organization is likely going to be purchasing an M300 in the near future. 90% of what we do is pretty basic orthomosaic creation, with a little bit of 3D mapping. We've been using a P4, so I'm excited for the upgrade.

A lot of our mapping will be using a Micasense RedEdge-MX, but we will need a finer resolution for some mapping solutions. We will probably end up getting the P1 at some point (and the L1 - super excited about that one), but it looks like we are limited to the H20 for the time being.

I'm seeing that mapping with the 12 MP wide lens isn't too difficult, but is there any way to utilize the 20 MP zoom lens? I understand that the zoom aspect of it isn't really conducive to accurate mapping, but can you set the zoom level so it's constant to take advantage of the 20 MP camera?

Anyone mapping with the H20 successfully?
Are you planning on using the RedEdge-MX on the M300? If so, I can help you with that integration. The M300 does not recognize the MX so you will have to manually create the camera profile in the Pilot App using the MX's inputs. When I was mapping with the MX, I had to set my side and front overlap to 55% in the Pilot App and then reduce my overlap in the MicaSense to 60% to control the timing. Otherwise you will end up with an insane amount of images.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz