Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Aircraft Propulsion System Error

Reaction score
Today I received the following error on an M300?:
1) Aircraft Propulsion System Error
2) ESC Error Loss of Satellite

After which, it dropped like a brick out of the sky

DJI said they will replace the drone and cameras but I’m more concerned about system failures that could have seriously hurt someone. Has anyone had this happen before?

This could happen to anyone. This error comes after broken prop, burned motor or burned ESC. If it's not the prop who can be visually inspected and replaced before a flight but it's unpredictable when ESC or motor will die. If you fly over people maybe it's time to invest in parachute system, they don't save the drone or payload but greatly reduces the fatality factor in such situation like yours.

This could happen to anyone. This error comes after broken prop, burned motor or burned ESC. If it's not the prop who can be visually inspected and replaced before a flight but it's unpredictable when ESC or motor will die. If you fly over people maybe it's time to invest in parachute system, they don't save the drone or payload but greatly reduces the fatality factor in such situation like yours.
I am rarely flying over people with this drone, but that doesn't provide any more comfort. Where do they sell the parachutes and how are they deployed?

I am rarely flying over people with this drone, but that doesn't provide any more comfort. Where do they sell the parachutes and how are they deployed?
It makes sense to use parachute only to avoid damaging property or injury, it will not save the payload as in more cases the parachute reduces the free fall to around 5m/s. If someone need slower descent rates the resulting parachute will be much heavier and bigger (reducing flight time) but that leads also to a higher horizontal speed and if deployment happen too high at 120m AGL with such parachute the wind may blow it out a few hundred meeters before touchdown which is not wanted for a safety reasons.

For the matrices they are pretty expensive, I have one for inspire and it cost me around 1K euros from FruittyChutes. There are a few more companies like ParaZero and SkyCAT.
The parachute can be deployed autonomously by detecting drone attitude as well manually with a button. I'm using SATS Mini for that purpose, it's very good and easy to set.

Hi everyone,
Last days I had “Aircraft Propulsion System Error” and my m300 fall down like a brick same as “volant drone” said. I’m curios about why its happend. I had this error and after that ı had “detected side shock” error. I want to know anyone had this error after “Aircraft Propulsion System Error”. Because ı had same feelings with “volant drone”. Anyone could injuryed or died for this crash.I’m waiting your answer

Hi everyone,
Last days I had “Aircraft Propulsion System Error” and my m300 fall down like a brick same as “volant drone” said. I’m curios about why its happend. I had this error and after that ı had “detected side shock” error. I want to know anyone had this error after “Aircraft Propulsion System Error”. Because ı had same feelings with “volant drone”. Anyone could injuryed or died for this crash.I’m waiting your answer
I'm sorry to hear. What DJI say for your case? The fault could be motor, esc or prop but the cause for each one could be multiple different issues.
Was your drone Pro or plain m600? There are reports in dji forum about weak prop design for the plain m600 which is fixed in m600pro's proppelers design.
The ESC can burn out from overwork, for example if you fly above 2000m MSL with standard props there's a big chance to burn them out trying to pass more amps to the motors. Or if flying in icy conditions and the props gather ice will make it hard time for the propulsion system, this combined with long time flying in these conditions or making eratic moves with the drone is a guarantee for accident.

Edit:
Forgot it's M300 thread so please ignore the M600 prop stuff :)

Last edited:
Reactions: İlhami

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens