Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Aircraft Propulsion System Error

Reaction score
Today I received the following error on an M300?:
1) Aircraft Propulsion System Error
2) ESC Error Loss of Satellite

After which, it dropped like a brick out of the sky

DJI said they will replace the drone and cameras but I’m more concerned about system failures that could have seriously hurt someone. Has anyone had this happen before?

Reaction score
Website
goldenskybirds.com
This could happen to anyone. This error comes after broken prop, burned motor or burned ESC. If it's not the prop who can be visually inspected and replaced before a flight but it's unpredictable when ESC or motor will die. If you fly over people maybe it's time to invest in parachute system, they don't save the drone or payload but greatly reduces the fatality factor in such situation like yours.

Reaction score
This could happen to anyone. This error comes after broken prop, burned motor or burned ESC. If it's not the prop who can be visually inspected and replaced before a flight but it's unpredictable when ESC or motor will die. If you fly over people maybe it's time to invest in parachute system, they don't save the drone or payload but greatly reduces the fatality factor in such situation like yours.
I am rarely flying over people with this drone, but that doesn't provide any more comfort. Where do they sell the parachutes and how are they deployed?

Reaction score
Website
goldenskybirds.com
I am rarely flying over people with this drone, but that doesn't provide any more comfort. Where do they sell the parachutes and how are they deployed?
It makes sense to use parachute only to avoid damaging property or injury, it will not save the payload as in more cases the parachute reduces the free fall to around 5m/s. If someone need slower descent rates the resulting parachute will be much heavier and bigger (reducing flight time) but that leads also to a higher horizontal speed and if deployment happen too high at 120m AGL with such parachute the wind may blow it out a few hundred meeters before touchdown which is not wanted for a safety reasons.

For the matrices they are pretty expensive, I have one for inspire and it cost me around 1K euros from FruittyChutes. There are a few more companies like ParaZero and SkyCAT.
The parachute can be deployed autonomously by detecting drone attitude as well manually with a button. I'm using SATS Mini for that purpose, it's very good and easy to set.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hectorexima