Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Affordable Insurance Company

Liability?
Hull Coverage?

What type of insurance?
A combination of both seemed to me to be the best option, however I'm not sure the Hull coverage would be something I should spend on right away if the hardware has DJI Care Refresh.. At least until refresh is tapped out after 2 replacements (knock on wood).

Liability would be a definite, both as a remote PIC and to cover rentals. I have a waiver and rental agreement drafted, for liability to befall on the lessee.. I just don't know much about this stuff. Would the insurance company be the right people to talk to? Not sure about it being unbaised advice considering they probably want my business more than they want to tell me there is something I may not need.

Hello, Just signed up, and I have been flying for a while no insurance. I fly an I1 Pro, and wondering what standard coverage would cost? Also what ins company would you all recommend?

Hello, Just signed up, and I have been flying for a while no insurance. I fly an I1 Pro, and wondering what standard coverage would cost? Also what ins company would you all recommend?
Country?
Commercial or Recreational?

some combination of both. does global cover both? this is a first time experience for me.
Yes Global does both, for a fair price we felt. We spent$1300 for one year covering:
1mill liability
$8500 of value in the air with. i2 with x7 with lense and cards.
We can add more liability as needed with the hourly app from another company if our clients want more than 1 mill in liability. We felt that this was the best “bang for the buck”. We fly in the Florida Keys and over the ocean a fair amount so the fear of a bird going swimming is a real thing. We have done over a 1500 flights in the last 15 years with many different drones and I have only hit a tree three times. Haha ,all of which were doing long tracking shots of farm machinery in fields and I messed up and didn’t see tree limbs sticking out. Over the years I have been very careful not to do stupid things with my gear and am not a fan of long flights. My other secret is to ONLY use batteries charged...on the day you are going to fly or the night before..No exceptions! I also hover and check radio receiver stats and GPS before flying off to film. I know these are obvious things but I feel many of the “fly away” issues are causes by this. It’s also important to watch battery voltage. Thanks

Reactions: Shamus

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens