Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Affordable Insurance Company

Reaction score
Website
www.reesaerials.com
I want to start this thread off by saying that I am not affiliated with this company in any way, nor do I receive any commission or profit if you get approved for coverage. I am making this post to simply inform seasoned pilots, who may not know, that good coverage at great prices exist. I have cleared this through the mods prior to posting as well...

First, not everyone will qualify. I have held a commercial instrument ticket for 22 years with a ZERO incident/accident record. The company that I am taking about is Global Aerospace. They do not issue an hourly based policy like you see floating around the net today. They are insuring you much like they do any other aircraft, or like your own insurance company does for your vehicle. They take into account the replacement cost of your vehicle (your sUAS) your risk of liability (experience and accident record) and make a risk determination based on these factors. There may be more than just these, but you get the picture.

So, for those of you paying the hourly premiums or have managed an annual policy that are not with Global, you are going to be blown away by this paragraph. My annual premium for my Inspire 2 barely breaks the $1,000 mark. That includes 1 million dollars worth of liability coverage and a complete replacement of the hull value with a 5 percent deductible. That covers it is flying or not.

So, anyone looking to get a quote, can contact Arthur J. Gallagher & Co (this is who I go through, I am sure there are other brokerages). I am not going to post their number or my specific contact there so as not to muddy the waters here. This is just my way of telling you seasoned pilots where you can go to get a premium policy for a descent price.

Last edited:
I want to start this thread off by saying that I am not affiliated with this company in any way, nor do I receive any commission or profit if you get approved for coverage. I am making this post to simply inform seasoned pilots, who may not know, that good coverage at great prices exist. I have cleared this through the mods prior to posting as well...

First, not everyone will qualify. I have held a commercial instrument ticket for 22 years with a ZERO incident/accident record. The company that I am taking about is Global Aerospace. They do not issue an hourly based policy like you see floating around the net today. They are insuring you much like they do any other aircraft, or like your own insurance company does for your vehicle. They take into account the replacement cost of your vehicle (your sUAS) your risk of liability (experience and accident record) and make a risk determination based on these factors. There may be more than just these, but you get the picture.

So, for those of you paying the hourly premiums or have managed an annual policy that are not with Global, you are going to be blown away by this paragraph. My annual premium for my Inspire 2 barely breaks the $1,000 mark. That includes 1 million dollars worth of liability coverage and a complete replacement of the hull value with a 5 percent deductible. That covers it is flying or not.

So, anyone looking to get a quote, can contact Arthur J. Gallagher & Co (this is who I go through, I am sure there are other brokerages). I am not going to post their number or my specific contact there so as not to muddy the waters here. This is just my way of telling you seasoned pilots where you can go to get a premium policy for a descent price.

Did you get your I2 and gimbal/lens with the pro res and cinema dng license fees insured?

Did you get your I2 and gimbal/lens with the pro res and cinema dng license fees insured?
Yes. My "flying" coverage is $6200. I figure if I have a total loss, that is the value that is airborne.

What I don't know is this... If I have a total loss but recover the aircraft, will I have to purchase the ProRes and CinemaDNG license keys again. I have already purchased the license, so I am wondering if it will transfer to the new bird.

Last edited:
Reactions: SanCap
Yes. My "flying" coverage is $6200. I figure if I have a total loss, that is the value that is airborne.

What I don't know is this... If I have a total loss but recover the aircraft, will I have to purchase the ProRes and CinemaDNG license keys again. I have already purchased the license, so I am wondering if it will transfer to the new bird.

I don't think it will transfer to you new aircraft as the licenses are aircraft specific if you aircraft was totaled. But your hull insurance is high enough to get a new premium package minus if you had a different lens on the copter. I am with global also and covered for 6400 dollars (Hull) value including the license fees listed on my policy which is also covered for theft and or ground damage. Meaning if I run it over with my vehicle I am covered. I am also covered for loss at sea when the aircraft is not recoverable. My policy is about 300 dollars more than yours.

Reactions: ReesAerials
I don't think it will transfer to you new aircraft as the licenses are aircraft specific if you aircraft was totaled.

I get that. Most licenses are one instance. Example, I have the full blown Davinci Resolve which is 1K. If my computer crashes, I can buy another and reinstall resolve without having to purchase it again. The license that I have purchased "should" in my opinion be transferable if I can return the hull that the license was uploaded/unlocked on. I hadn't thought about it until I wrote this post.

@Florida Drone Supply as a dealer, can you answer this question... I have an Inspire 2, x5s, CinemaDNG and ProRes license. If I suffer a total loss on the bird, will the license keys previously purchased transfer to a newly purchased bird?

Good question...I will follow up on that and report back. This is the first instance where we have had to have separate licenses bound to aircraft. The licenses can be purchased separately from the Inspire 2 copter - much like purchasing a license for Divinci separately from your computer. However, unlike your computer, I do not know if we have a way to uninstall or deactivate these licenses from the copter and move them to another one.

From DJI's Activation Guide:
"The purchase of an activation key unlocks a license permanently. No re-purchase or subscription required."

The above statement seems to imply a one time event that enables the licenses - and not something that would be monitored for use across multiple copters.

The the question that remains unanswered is if you provide proof of a catastrophic loss, would DJI allow your license code to be re-installed on a new unlicensed replacement copter...and thats what I will look into and follow up on.

Michael
www.FloridaDroneSupply.com

Reactions: ReesAerials
So far as I've been able to gather from snippets of info from DJI staff in various forums, DJI can transfer a license from one I2 to another, but only if the Inspire is returned to DJI, and only if it's been involved in an incident. If may be that you also need to have DJI Care on the particular I2. I've not seen any suggestion that they will carry out transfers in any other circumstances, nor that there is any mechanism allowing dealers to do it.

I've seen one guy asking if he can transfer between a master a/c and a hot-spare on set.... and the answer was he needed to send the licensed a/c back to DJI if it got wrecked.

So, no way for users to swap licenses, and has to go back to DJI.

I guess it so they can keep a very close eye on the licenses and what they're bound to.

For a company charging for licensing of free codecs, they sure give you the extra stick on the back end.... greedy.

They do pay to license them and be approved (certainly with ProRes) and have to get some return for designing the Imaging system (I2 & Cinecore) - the hardware is provided free in all the I2's after all - there's no I2 and I2Raw hardware.

Also, to be fair to them, as there's no physical property to have to forge, software keys are so easy to rip-off and I can't really blame them for keeping a tight watch on the license keys. Even just allowing users to move the licenses themselves would open up a 2nd hand market which would end up devaluing the original 'new' keys.

But yes, a simple method of user transfer for the licenses would be nice.

They do pay to license them and be approved (certainly with ProRes) and have to get some return for designing the Imaging system (I2 & Cinecore) - the hardware is provided free in all the I2's after all - there's no I2 and I2Raw hardware.

Also, to be fair to them, as there's no physical property to have to forge, software keys are so easy to rip-off and I can't really blame them for keeping a tight watch on the license keys. Even just allowing users to move the licenses themselves would open up a 2nd hand market which would end up devaluing the original 'new' keys.

But yes, a simple method of user transfer for the licenses would be nice.
I don't buy this... we bought a basically 2k camera, and while the pro cameras are MUCH more expensive, they only charge for UPDATES to add formats and don't typically charge for these two formats.

No, anyone that has been in motion picture work, knows that this is a ripoff, even in the overpriced world of cinema cameras.

Reactions: cvanhoose
In taking the advice from this forum I contacted Global Aerospace Dallas office hoping they can help me direct or point me to a local broker. All that happens is I get caught up in a voicemail loop that eventually leads to a mailbox that is full and won't accept a message. Tried several times with the same result. Then I called the Georgia office where I get a busy signal for two seconds and then the phone hangs up from their end. I'm not disputing the validity of the post and the genuineness of the advice but I do have to ask if anyone else has hit these same barriers. Obviously my confidence in this company is a little off center from my initial experience. A web search shows that there's a third office I can call in New Jersey but as I described I'm a little skeptical now. I guess my question is can anybody recommend a broker in the Dallas area that will help me Ensure my Inspire 2?

Reactions: Black Sky
In taking the advice from this forum I contacted Global Aerospace Dallas office hoping they can help me direct or point me to a local broker. All that happens is I get caught up in a voicemail loop that eventually leads to a mailbox that is full and won't accept a message. Tried several times with the same result. Then I called the Georgia office where I get a busy signal for two seconds and then the phone hangs up from their end. I'm not disputing the validity of the post and the genuineness of the advice but I do have to ask if anyone else has hit these same barriers. Obviously my confidence in this company is a little off center from my initial experience. A web search shows that there's a third office I can call in New Jersey but as I described I'm a little skeptical now. I guess my question is can anybody recommend a broker in the Dallas area that will help me Ensure my Inspire 2?
Just paid 1300 for 8500 hull coverage and 1mill of liability with Global... seems like a great company.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz