Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

25mm Olympus: Steady video or micro vibrations like the 45mm ?

Reaction score
Hello,

I like my 45mm Olympus but it has a little bit too much shaking and slight jello with my inspire....didn't find a workaround for this until now...balanced the lens, then front heavy, then back heavy....but the shake is still there.

What is your experience in comparison with the 25mm Olympus ? Are there also vibration/shake/jello problems with this lens or is it really steady with video recordings ?

The 25 has much less shake than the 45mm, I fly with both and I usually use the 45mm to take stills as the shake really doesn't rear it's ugly head. The stills via the 45mm are very good. The video does have some small shake but I don't always have it. It is more prevalent in stronger winds and turbulence. I really like the 25mm lens, I haven't had any problems with shake at all. The FOV is quite nice as well, The 12 mm is (it goes without saying) amazingly sharp, although I have noticed after the later firmware updates the DJI 15mm is really knocking it out of the park. It is giving the 12mm and 25mm Olympus lenses a run for their money. The 25mm is for me ready to go straight out of the box. Hope this helps.
Respecfully,
Ralph
FlyHighUSA

The 25 has much less shake than the 45mm, I fly with both and I usually use the 45mm to take stills as the shake really doesn't rear it's ugly head. The stills via the 45mm are very good. The video does have some small shake but I don't always have it. It is more prevalent in stronger winds and turbulence. I really like the 25mm lens, I haven't had any problems with shake at all. The FOV is quite nice as well, The 12 mm is (it goes without saying) amazingly sharp, although I have noticed after the later firmware updates the DJI 15mm is really knocking it out of the park. It is giving the 12mm and 25mm Olympus lenses a run for their money. The 25mm is for me ready to go straight out of the box. Hope this helps.
Respecfully,
Ralph
FlyHighUSA
Hi Ralph,
Im confused about th latest firmware. I have tried to update 5 times but nothing happens. The aircraft keeps telling me to upgrade but Im afraid to now.
Thanks to you, I bought the 14 to 42 lens 3 days ago in Australia. They had one at the local camera shop. So far, I have noticed very small shake or jello and am really happy with it. I gather your idea of the 12mm lens hood will make it right. today I started going back to the 15mm and it wouldn't recognise the camera enough to fly. I thought we could swap lens willy nilly. I had top go back to the 14-42 to film all day. It went well. Maybe a small bit of jello in places but its nowhere near as bad as my P3. So far I have yet to try my 15mm lens again to see if it works again. Is there something I have done wrong?

Hi Ralph,
Im confused about th latest firmware. I have tried to update 5 times but nothing happens. The aircraft keeps telling me to upgrade but Im afraid to now.
Thanks to you, I bought the 14 to 42 lens 3 days ago in Australia. They had one at the local camera shop. So far, I have noticed very small shake or jello and am really happy with it. I gather your idea of the 12mm lens hood will make it right. today I started going back to the 15mm and it wouldn't recognise the camera enough to fly. I thought we could swap lens willy nilly. I had top go back to the 14-42 to film all day. It went well. Maybe a small bit of jello in places but its nowhere near as bad as my P3. So far I have yet to try my 15mm lens again to see if it works again. Is there something I have done wrong?
Hey Dennis,
When I get home to my iMac I will shoot over the exact firmwares I am running to help get you going. When it's right you can switch from lens to lens with no issue as well as switch from x3 to x5 and vise versa. If needed I can give you a call as soon as I get back home. If you want to email me direct here it is. [email protected]. I'll shoot you my number if you want to call me as well. I'll be back around 1 pm. Central time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens