Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Balancing X5s with Panasonic Lumix G 25mm

Reaction score
Hey ladies and gentlemen,

I searched the forum but did not find what I was looking for.

I've seen threads that talk about balancing the Olympus 25 and 45mm lenses on the x5s, however I haven't seen any that talk about balancing the Panasonic 25mm on the x5s.

The camera and lens combo is a bit front heavy, especially with the lens hood. I have a balancing ring, but that only makes it worse.

I've seen some folks velcro a quarter to the back of the x5s housing. Is this really the way to go? I would imagine there us a better way.

Please help.

Thanks,

Attachments

• 20190330_130656.jpg
    20190330_130656.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
That looks like a much more professional balance. Thanks.

Do you know where to get those? Maybe they have different weight options that arent so heavy.

Reactions: slim.slamma
Hey ladies and gentlemen,

I searched the forum but did not find what I was looking for.

I've seen threads that talk about balancing the Olympus 25 and 45mm lenses on the x5s, however I haven't seen any that talk about balancing the Panasonic 25mm on the x5s.

The camera and lens combo is a bit front heavy, especially with the lens hood. I have a balancing ring, but that only makes it worse.

I've seen some folks velcro a quarter to the back of the x5s housing. Is this really the way to go? I would imagine there us a better way.
Please help.

Thanks,
Is this lens on the official list of compatible lenses for x5s?

Interesting. Something to consider.

I wonder why it works so well then. I believe it is also lighter than the Olympus 25mm.

It obviously has centre of gravity more in front. It puts more strain on the tilt gimbal motor if the gimbal is front heavy.

Last edited:
I put 6.5 grams of counter weight on the back and its perfectly balanced on all axis when there is no power now.

I can't see how that puts more strain on the gimbal than one of the zoom lenses that are on the list.

I put 6.5 grams of counter weight on the back and its perfectly balanced on all axis when there is no power now.

I can't see how that puts more strain on the gimbal than one of the zoom lenses that are on the list.
If you can improvise and balance the gimbal well, you'll be fine. But for the majority of people who know nothing about balancing gimbals they made the list of compatible lenses and offer balancing solution for those on the list.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz