Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Zenmuse XT2 - RGB camera quality compared to the X4s or X5s?

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm hoping someone's done some basic testing to compare the RGB camera in the XT2 to some of the other options out there.

The application is SAR/Public Safety (flown from 150-200ft.), so image quality (for both video and stills) is especially important.

I've been looking, but haven't yet found any good reviews covering this topic - would appreciate being pointed in the right direction if anyone else has had better luck with that.

I should probably start another thread for this next question, but I'm also curious how the XT2's RGB image quality compares to the Z30 at the same focal length.

Thanks!

Hello @_808_ . The specs on the RGB cameras are very different, 2.13 mp for the Z-30, 12 mp for the RGB side of the XT2 and 20 MP for the X4S/X5S. For purely onsite viewing or where no enlargement will be necessary the Z-30 and XT2 will be suitable, if higher detail is needed the quality will start to suffer as the image needs to be larger or more detail is needed.

Some job requirements we have done need a 20 mp RGB as well as a thermal image. For those cases we chose an X4S/X5S along with an XT thermal on an M210. That package did what the client needed and weighs a bit less than an XT2 when we used the XT/X4S combo.

There is not one perfect solution to all the scenarios that can happen, feel free to contact us for more personalized service for your possible situations.

Reactions: _808_
Good morning,

That of course makes sense - I guess I was thinking more about 4K video than stills when I posted and how there'd be a little more leveling of the playing field if they were all shooting at the same res (excluding the Z30).

When comparing 4K video from the XT2/X4S/X5S, is there much of a difference in average to good light? How big is the difference in low light?

Not taking the additional features of the X5S into account for the moment, is the quality difference between it and the X4S enough to justify the nearly 10oz in added weight (assuming stock 15mm lenses)?

BTW, what is your opinion of the XT2's weather resistance? I know its IP rating is rather low and I'm not even sure if the gimbal itself is included in that.

Thanks for the input!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz