Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Zenmuse X5R

Very soon..........
There are a couple of firmware issues currently (no surprise there then :rolleyes:) and they need to be ironed out before shipping.
They are not major: some formatting issues on the media and a couple of app related problems.
A new app version will be released to support the X5R as expected.

As if anyone in their right mind would shell out this sort of coin for an X5R given DJI's track record on product quality at release. Give it a couple of weeks afterwards and the net will be awash with people complaining about faults and DJI promising firmware fixes that are 'coming soon'.

Very soon..........
There are a couple of firmware issues currently (no surprise there then :rolleyes:) and they need to be ironed out before shipping.
They are not major: some formatting issues on the media and a couple of app related problems.
A new app version will be released to support the X5R as expected.
Just hoping they release the adapter at the same time...

As if anyone in their right mind would shell out this sort of coin for an X5R given DJI's track record on product quality at release. Give it a couple of weeks afterwards and the net will be awash with people complaining about faults and DJI promising firmware fixes that are 'coming soon'.
You are right and not buying till they release the adapter for the Osmo. Shooting RAW in the sky and ground will be like shooting a Red Epic in 4K for 1/10 of the price. Those micro third sensors are capable of 120fps 4K. but i'm sure they'll keep that for the inspire 2...

I sold my X5 two weeks ago and will probably be getting it as I saw enough potential in the platform as a whole.
I was 2000 meters away in the car with the blowers on getting a shot on the mountain in the middle of nowhere, its times like that when you can help but think you have a serious bit of kit. And the apps allow me to get two man shots with single op which is a huge thing.
If I buy an S900, GH4, Z15, the video will be better, but the complexity of the shots will be very simple. With inspire, I can do get shots you would be happy to see on TV, I just need the video quality to do it justice!

I think the X5R will do enough to give me that leap in quality.

I'm confident it will be the worse RAW video camera in the world, but the fact that its doing raw should make it pretty good in comparison to go pro video I have been loathing of late!

Just to break away from that look will be worth it.

You are right and not buying till they release the adapter for the Osmo. Shooting RAW in the sky and ground will be like shooting a Red Epic that fell from a plane and sat in a muddy pond for the winter in 4K for 1/10 of the price. Those micro third sensors are capable of 120fps 4K. but i'm sure they'll keep that for the inspire 2...

Fixed that for you. Remember, it's DJI. The X5R will likely suffer similar issues as the X5.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz