Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Zenmuse X5 Signal Issue and Loss of Control

Reaction score
So I have been using the X5 setup for a week or so now and an issue has cropped up on me.
Out of nowhere every other flight or randomly I will lose the X5 signal while still have a signal from the drone. So i am able to control it but there is no video signal and the X5 camera goes limp. So I land the drone, turn off the drone, and turn it back on. The camera will calibrate fine some of the time and others it still won't have a video signal and wont calibrate.

Does anyone have this same problem?

So I have been using the X5 setup for a week or so now and an issue has cropped up on me.
Out of nowhere every other flight or randomly I will lose the X5 signal while still have a signal from the drone. So i am able to control it but there is no video signal and the X5 camera goes limp. So I land the drone, turn off the drone, and turn it back on. The camera will calibrate fine some of the time and others it still won't have a video signal and wont calibrate.

Does anyone have this same problem?
Have you checked VERY closely alignment of the gimbal connection pins? There is very little tolerance on them so if any of them are marginally bent it will cause connection issues.

I had that problem with my X3 camera and it ended up being a loose connection with one of the cables for the mounting plate. I removed he plate from the rear rubber grommets and bent it forward to expose the cables. I then pulled each end out and reinserted them one by one. After that I didn't have any issues with my video. It was rock solid. I'd check the connection of the gimbal as noted above and then I'd look at the cables to make sure they are seated right.

Not having any issues of myself (fingers crossed) or offering advice but once again when guys chime in to help another fix/resolve his/her issue I realise what this site should be all about.

On the other hand when some one becomes straight away flippant/sarcastic etc I hope beyond hopes this doesn't become the norm to newbs or this in need of a helping hand/advice. Sorry for straying slightly off topic.

Hope the suggestions given work out for you and let us know if your problem is resolved etc for the learning banks.

Stay lucky,fly safe.

Probably damaged ribbon cable putting it in its case. Due to ribbon being exposed and foam in case is not cut back enough you end up eventually damaging the ribbon cable causing issues such as yours.

Oh forgot about that. I had seen that note by someone and trimmed the foam in my storage box immediately. Look at the cable where the main arm bends from the mount towards the camera. There's a small ribbon cable there that is exposed. And can get caught on the foam as you put into the box. Very poor design on DJI's part.

Oh forgot about that. I had seen that note by someone and trimmed the foam in my storage box immediately. Look at the cable where the main arm bends from the mount towards the camera. There's a small ribbon cable there that is exposed. And can get caught on the foam as you put into the box. Very poor design on DJI's part.
yes thats it. did mine also on day 1.
so if your ribbon cable is ok then its something else in which i have no clue. its just amazing we spend alot of money on theses dji products that dont work well and get slow responding support.

Thank you for all of the suggestions. It was either a loose wire, the locking mechanism not fully locking, or probably both. I think I have it fixed now though.

One other question. Is the X5 supposed to shoot in 4k at 30fps? I am only getting an option for 24 fps which is lower than I thought it was capable of. Any idea why I wouldn't have the 30 fps option?

Thank you for all of the suggestions. It was either a loose wire, the locking mechanism not fully locking, or probably both. I think I have it fixed now though.

One other question. Is the X5 supposed to shoot in 4k at 30fps? I am only getting an option for 24 fps which is lower than I thought it was capable of. Any idea why I wouldn't have the 30 fps option?
4096x2160 @ 24 or 25fps
3840x2160 @ 25 or 30fps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens