Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X5S Panoramas are easily possible

Reaction score
Been messing around with my Spark, which I bought only to do roof inspections where there were a lot of low hanging trees and didn't want to risk my Inspire 2 rig.
$600 vs $6000!!
That little bugger has surpassed my expectations.
Anyway, to the point.
I read on the front page of the DJI forum that the Spark is the only DJI drone that offers Panoramas. That got me thinking.....
It does automatically shoot a sequence of shots up - center - down - left - right- etc.
And it is capable of stitching those together (Poorly!) Which led to experimenting with other software(s).
DJI media maker does a bit better job, but Microsoft ICE ROCKS!!! And... IT's FREE!!!
Here now, I am shooting panos with my Inspire 2 - X5S with Olympus 12mm. I can mimmic the camera movements and with ICE, ---well, you be the judge.
Here are some samples. Bear in mind, I had to resample them down a bit to make them postable, but they are still bery high res.
After stitching and initial crop, they were 123.43" wide and 79.5MB!!
Note that in the last one, there is a small sliver of moon that can be seen once you zoon in.
y4.jpg y5.jpg y6.jpg

Love the Orange blue sunsets. I am using PTGui currently. Not as impressed with it. I will give ICE a try. I am running the Beta On1 Raw 2017 and its to have this imbedded in the final 2018 version. The 2017 I really love. It will look much like Lightroom from what I have been told. So I need something for now that works. I will give it a try.

Thanks
-Cody

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtpelt