Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X5S Lens setup

Reaction score
hi guys,

I’m very new to the world of the inspire 2 and x5s, excited nonetheless. I’m deployed and recently graduated from my Mavic to Inspire 2 (in my opinion I believe lol) so when I bought them they shipped home and still neither have been activated neither turned on. I’ve read a bit in other threads (and I apologize if it’s repeated and I missed it) but I’m looking for the proper set up for video and stills. From what I read the Olympus 14-42mm seems great overall but also have a multitude of questions in regards to balance rings and filters, etc. anyone have experience, luck, etc.whats the correct set up to balance? Again I’m sorry for the newbie questions. Yes I am a newbie haha.

IMG_0113.jpg

I’m looking at these 4 but the question is what’s the benefit of the pancake to the full? Compatibility? Balancing? I know from what I read the old Panasonic version of the lumix had its issues with lighting but what about these? Again sorry for the noob questions just don’t wanna buy a lens that isn’t worth it if it’s not gonna produce let alone be fully compatible with the x5s

Thank you very much for the correct lens that I would need. Now just need the rest of my questions answered.

Edit: so only the Panasonic not the Olympus works on the x5s?

Thank you very much for the correct lens that I would need. Now just need the rest of my questions answered.

Edit: so only the Panasonic not the Olympus works on the x5s?

if you search the forum, there are extensive threads on this question.

although not official, many also use the laowa 7.5 mm lightweight version

here's the list of officially supported lenses:

DJI MFT 15mm/1.7 ASPH (With Balancing Ring and Lens Hood)
Panasonic Lumix 15mm/1.7 (With Balancing Ring and Lens Hood)
Panasonic Lumix 14-42mm/3.5-5.6 HD
Olympus M.Zuiko 12mm/2.0 (With Balancing Ring)
Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm/1.8 (With Balancing Ring)
Olympus M.Zuiko 25mm/1.8
Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm/1.8
Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm/4.0-5.6

if you search the forum, there are extensive threads on this question.

although not official, many also use the laowa 7.5 mm lightweight version

here's the list of officially supported lenses:

DJI MFT 15mm/1.7 ASPH (With Balancing Ring and Lens Hood)
Panasonic Lumix 15mm/1.7 (With Balancing Ring and Lens Hood)
Panasonic Lumix 14-42mm/3.5-5.6 HD
Olympus M.Zuiko 12mm/2.0 (With Balancing Ring)
Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm/1.8 (With Balancing Ring)
Olympus M.Zuiko 25mm/1.8
Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm/1.8
Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm/4.0-5.6

I must have misread the thread cause the one I was reading was stating the Olympus did function fully...they must have have talking about the X5

I must have misread the thread cause the one I was reading was stating the Olympus did function fully...they must have have talking about the X5

The Olympus is fully functional, but it does NOT have a power zoom, what that means is you have to adjust the zoom before takeoff and cannot be adjusted in the air.(not an issue with the typical MFT camera you're holding in hand) this is the same for x5 and x5r.

PZ version of the Panasonic lens can be adjusted in app during flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz