Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X5S Horizon Tilt Issues

Reaction score
Website
www.overlookfs.com
Anyone else experiencing Horizon Tilt Issues with the April Firmware - V01.02.0100? I flew a couple weeks ago with the same firmware and had no issues. Yesterday I was doing a shoot and the camera would tilt like crazy. To the point where I had to input roll adjustments of 4-6 to make it level.

I'm wondering if I accidentally set something on the system without my knowledge using my Cendence RC. Very strange.

Going to do some more research and testing to see if I can figure out what went wrong.

Any suggestions to help troubleshoot this issue is greatly appreciated.

I'm upgrading to July 2018 firmware V01.02.0200 and will recalibrate IMU and auto calibrate the gimbal and let you know how it goes.

Last edited:
Well I updated to latest firmware and did a couple IMU calibrations and a couple Auto Gimbal calibrations and that seems to have helped. Will be test flying later today to confirm.

So after updating to July 2018 firmware V01.02.0200 I my horizon issue seems to be ok but signal was very broken and I kept getting voice alerts that landing gear lowering, landing gear raising without me touching anything. And now I remember, I had this same issue back in July when I tried upgrading to latest firmware and I downgraded back. I am now doing the same thing.

Reactions: jim cook
If you haven't already complete a factory refresh on the Inspire 2 and start over with a FW update. Has the Cendence been updated? You may have to select it to check for updates while it is connected to the internet.

If you haven't already complete a factory refresh on the Inspire 2 and start over with a FW update. Has the Cendence been updated? You may have to select it to check for updates while it is connected to the internet.
I have never done the Inspire back to factory reset and always upgraded FW on top of the previous one, so to speak. Is it a recemmended procedure to do the Inspire 2 complete reset to factory defaults prior to installing a new FW?

Thanks Michael. I didn't Restore Factory Defaults on it. I have updated the Cendence RC to the latest firmware. I've seen on another Inspire 2 thread that there seems to be an issue with the latest firmware. Have you updated to the newest firmware? If so are your I2's working ok?

I'll try it now that and get back with you.

I have never done the Inspire back to factory reset and always upgraded FW on top of the previous one, so to speak. Is it a recemmended procedure to do the Inspire 2 complete reset to factory defaults prior to installing a new FW?

Only do the factory refresh if you are having issues that an update will not fix although it really doesn't hurt things if you do it more often.

Thanks Michael. I didn't Restore Factory Defaults on it. I have updated the Cendence RC to the latest firmware. I've seen on another Inspire 2 thread that there seems to be an issue with the latest firmware. Have you updated to the newest firmware? If so are your I2's working ok?

I'll try it now that and get back with you.

Hi Gregg this is Jim tonight, I have been putting a lot of hours on an up to date I2/Cendence/Crystalsky combo without any signal issues. Have you tried changing the frequency form 2.4 to 5.8 or vice versa and verifying you are set to auto and not custom?

Update: I completed the Restore Factory Defaults, then upgraded to the latest firmware. Did a test flight. Same issue with landing gear. Video was ok though. So I took back in and did another Restore Factory Defaults to the upgraded firmware and re-flew the I2. This time I had good signal and no errors on the landing gear. Weather is coming in so will have to do more testing later this week. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for that suggestion. I've never used that option. :)

Update: I completed the Restore Factory Defaults, then upgraded to the latest firmware. Did a test flight. Same issue with landing gear. Video was ok though. So I took back in and did another Restore Factory Defaults to the upgraded firmware and re-flew the I2. This time I had good signal and no errors on the landing gear. Weather is coming in so will have to do more testing later this week. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for that suggestion. I've never used that option. :)
Me neither. Is it also recommended to do new cold IMU and compass and vision sensor calibration after the factory reset?

Hi Gregg this is Jim tonight, I have been putting a lot of hours on an up to date I2/Cendence/Crystalsky combo without any signal issues. Have you tried changing the frequency form 2.4 to 5.8 or vice versa and verifying you are set to auto and not custom?

Good afternoon Jim,

My video seems to be working ok now. I'm still getting the Landing gear alerts though.

I've determined that this only happens if I'm in Sport or ATTI mode. If I'm in GPS mode it works fine. No alerts. And in Sport or ATTI mode, it's when I'm doing fast turns or it seems to be impacted by winds from the side. The gear doesn't seem to move at all, but I get an alert that says Landing Gear Raising. I think it starts to say Landing Gear Lowering but gets cutoff immediately with Landing Gear Raising.

Update, I did a job yesterday and had no issues with the I2 running latest firmware. Didn't even get the landing gear message at all. Horizon was rock solid. I ran through 7 sets of batteries and all was fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz