Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X5r vs X5 JPEGs comparison anyone?

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am looking to get an X5 series for photogrammetry and mapping. I was wondering if any of you had pics from both the X5 and X5r? I am wondering if there is a huge difference in quality of the JPEGs they put out to justify the 5R. I'm not too familiar of if the RAW JPEG has better resolution or is just better to use in post?

Cheers
Todd

You're either shooting in RAW or Jpeg for stills. AFAIK, there is no difference in the quality or size of the RAW and/or Jpeg files. If you're only interested in getting Jpeg files for photogrammetry, you'd be wasting your money getting the X5R.

Ok thanks, got confused with the RAW like my canon 5d shoots, when I do JPG its 5mb photos when I do RAW its 20mb photos.

Ok thanks, got confused with the RAW like my canon 5d shoots, when I do JPG its 5mb photos when I do RAW its 20mb photos.
Yes you're getting a little mixed up - the X5 still shoots raw photos in DNG format, in addition to JPEGs. The advantage of the X5R is that it also shoots raw video, another ball of wax altogether.
Skip the X5R for your purposes and you'll get the exact same results.

All of DJI's current cameras (X3, X5, and X5R) can produce raw photos, in DNG format.

X5 raw photos are of a higher quality than X3 raw photos, thanks to a larger sensor and more megapixels.

But there is no difference between X5 photos and X5R photos. Same sensor, same lenses, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz