Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X5R versus Speading Wings with a GH4

Can someone please 3D print a bloody roll cage for this then I'll invest!! Already had two x3 after low level incidents. The potential or inevitable bump would be significant with the X5 and having read all I can find any investment would have to be the X5R based on read/write speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why not buy a sony A7R2. you get 42mpx shots and great 4k recording in 4k 100Mb. can and film in super 35mm format

why not buy a sony A7R2. you get 42mpx shots and great 4k recording in 4k 100Mb. can and film in super 35mm format

I would jump at the chance to use another camera...but I doubt if they have the compatibility with this Inspire system...which is great.

I remember black magic has a camera specifically for drones. It has a port for full remote for the camera. But I am still wondering which camera and software works with it. And gimbal too.

Seems obvious to a newbie like me, Inspire is not a true camera platform but a training tool for those interested. The X5 solutions seem like sticking plasters to for fill a limited group that want a little more but are not willing to step up to the Hex+ worlds of multi gimbal and camera interfaces.

I'm already looking towards the DIY solutions and have only been in this for a few months. Given the huge leap in price from the X3 4K camera to the X5 4K DJI have pretty much said indirectly this is an expensive toy. Totally ignoring the users requirements or wishes.

Disappointing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

coming from commercial photography, where lenses are 2-4k usd. Videos are quite a different matter. A 24-70 cine grade lens from Carl Zeiss cost $19k usd!
a recorder like atomos shogun cost use 2-3k
for all things considered, x5r does seem expensive. But when you start attaching all of these to a s1000+ or even a k130 kraken. $6k is a piece of cake.
not to mention other stuff like movi m5 or ronin-m, black magic cinema camera 4k,
and batteries that you can't take with you when you fly. Yeah. The k130 batteries are like 350-450wh.
and battery management equipment.
and maybe even lightbridge2. It makes x5r looks like a toy. Then again we have yet to see what x5r is like after color grading.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103