Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X5 Silly Repair!?

Reaction score
Website
www.kvphoto.com
I purchased a I1 Pro when it came out....and I'm using my old (Crashed and fixed) X1 as a backup.

When I got my I1 Pro in...on the X5 Gimbal, where it hinges....there is a little black plastic cap (SEE PHOTO)....that cap gets sorta STUCK inside the hard case and when you open the case, the cap is OFF of the camera.

I put it back and kept going.

But after opening and closing the case several times,,,,,the little cap has cracked.

I contacted DJI Support and asked for a new cap....NOPE, they want me to send in the whole camera.....I explained the situation and they INSISTED!!! You must send in the camera...we cannot send you a little plastic cap!!!

OH WELL???

I'm going to send it in on principal!!!!!

:D

I'll keep you posted.

Kirk

camera.jpg

Reactions: tweaker
Call DJI North America support after the long weekend ! Don't hinge your repair on just the email....

I sent mine in for exchange. Mine was completely knocked off. I thought the metal underneath was meant to be exposed until I saw other photos of the X5. These were damaged not by adhesive failure , but were caused by IMPACT . The cap edges were fractured and cracked.

There is not much protection there when the X5 is in protective case.
If there was enough impact to knock this off, then there was enough to compromise the short ( if not long term investment ) and / or performance.

There seems to be a developing issue ; however, isolated....

Let's all report back here on our experiences, shall we.

So far DJI have agreed to exchange . All packaging have been returned. I should receive it end of next week if all goes as promised!

Regards

PS

There was a QC sticker signed off before they close the X5 protective case ? Ya all can do the math from there :)

Last edited:
Please
Sounds like they have fixed the issue. They're sending me the new style piece. Apparently it's metal now. I'll post a picture once it arrives.

.....please do.
I am looking forward to having a new unit with improved piece, I will update here as well!

That would be up to you . Mine should arrive today . DJI offered to exchange it.

Sent mine to DJI LA last week. The replacement will be here today.

My X5 'seemed' to work fine mechanically.It was something I wasn't prepared to take a chance on , or regret later!

That would be up to you . Mine should arrive today . DJI offered to exchange it.

Sent mine to DJI LA last week. The replacement will be here today.

My X5 'seemed' to work fine mechanically.It was something I wasn't prepared to take a chance on , or regret later!

Got my X5 by 3:00pm.

As promised. They exchanged it. Cap is different - more gloss than shine -, but different all the same.

The serial number is different as one would expect . It looks brand new , in fact.

I upgraded ( I know ) to the latest pro camera FW and the camera performed as it should on this firmware.

Very happy with the customer service at DJI LA . They were outstanding !

Sorry for the double post :(

Reactions: Juntman
I didn't even realize till i had an issue, now its gone and its one of the first things i notice. DRIVES ME INSANE! but I'm having issues with the motor on my X5 so I'm sending everything in today.

Does anyone know how good DJI service in Europe are with X5 gimbal repair or replacement. Mine went in for repair about 10 days ago and I've heard nothing since but i can see from the website that its been stuck in the 'Conducting Damage Assessment ' queue for 3 days... I probably wouldn't mind if I were a hobbyist!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz