Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X5 Lens Calibration Info Stored on Tablet/Device

Reaction score
Website
www.overlookfs.com
One thing I found out Halloween weekend was that when you calibrate the lens on the X5 using one device and you switch to another, you have to do it all over again. It appears that this information is saved on the device and not the aircraft or camera.

I usually fly using my iPad Air and when I went out to film the flooding here in Central Texas over Halloween, I had accidentally forgot to grab my iPad off my desk and when I got to the spot to start filming, I realized this and had to use my iPhone 5s. This was the first time I had used my iPhone with my new Inspire 1 Pro. I was fortunate in that I noticed that the focus was off a bit when I was reviewing the first flight. I recalibrated the lens upon takeoff of my second flight while hovering about 20 feet in the air. After that I was fine.

So wanted to let folks know that the camera lens calibration settings are saved on the device you use and not on the aircraft or camera. A friend of mine didn't notice this until it was too late when he had to switch devices mid shoot due to low battery on his iPad and they had wrapped a filming.

Hopefully this will save someone else the disappointment of not getting the shot when you thought you didn't need to re-calibrate the lens.

So if you are using a two operator setup. Do you calibrate separately with both devices? Does it then work no matter which device you focus with?

Hmmmm Are you sure ? What if you delete your Go app and reinstall it - will you loose you lens calibration. Seems odd to me.

Where else would the calibration data be stored? The App is the only place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz