Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X5 Isolation dampener question.

Reaction score
I recently (as in yesterday) picked up a factory refurbished X5 that I will be installing on my also recently acquired and also factory refurbished Inspire 1 Pro V2. The X5 came with a set of black rubber isolation dampeners that appear to be sealer and filled with some sort of magic goo. The aircraft has hollow grey rubber dampeners without the magical goo filling. I'm assuming that I should replace the gray ones with the new black ones but I wanted to see if anyone can verify that for me. I looked through the manuals for both the aircraft and the camera and couldn't find anything that addresses it.

I recently (as in yesterday) picked up a factory refurbished X5 that I will be installing on my also recently acquired and also factory refurbished Inspire 1 Pro V2. The X5 came with a set of black rubber isolation dampeners that appear to be sealer and filled with some sort of magic goo. The aircraft has hollow grey rubber dampeners without the magical goo filling. I'm assuming that I should replace the gray ones with the new black ones but I wanted to see if anyone can verify that for me. I looked through the manuals for both the aircraft and the camera and couldn't find anything that addresses it.

I would guess the second set of dampers are replacements for when your first set wears out. Don't let the fact that they "look different" lull you into believing they are somehow "better." A simple test flight will let you know if you need new dampers. 6 years of flying Inspire 1's at least twice a month and I've never replaced my dampers.

D

Reactions: jeffk813
I would guess the second set of dampers are replacements for when your first set wears out. Don't let the fact that they "look different" lull you into believing they are somehow "better." A simple test flight will let you know if you need new dampers. 6 years of flying Inspire 1's at least twice a month and I've never replaced my dampers.

D

Thanks for the reply. I re-thought my assumption and came up with the same conclusion you mentioned. I slapped the X5 on with the existing gray dampeners and it seems to be just fine. I'll hang on to the black ones as spares.

Usually (but not always) different colored dampers indicate different stiffness characteristics which perform differently depending on payload and/or ambient temperature.
They are usually harmonically tuned and so experimentation maybe required to see which set give you the best results.
Dont mix and match though - always replace/substitute an entire set.

Usually (but not always) different colored dampers indicate different stiffness characteristics which perform differently depending on payload and/or ambient temperature.
They are usually harmonically tuned and so experimentation maybe required to see which set give you the best results.
Dont mix and match though - always replace/substitute an entire set.

That was my first thought, and given that the X5 is heavier than the X3 I thought that perhaps the newer dampers were necessary. I'll fly it with the gray ones though and see if there's any jello etc. If so I'll replace them. If not I'll fly the gray ones until they wear out and then change them.

Thanks!

That was my first thought, and given that the X5 is heavier than the X3 I thought that perhaps the newer dampers were necessary. I'll fly it with the gray ones though and see if there's any jello etc. If so I'll replace them. If not I'll fly the gray ones until they wear out and then change them.

Thanks!

Shot this with the 5-year-old black dampers and X5 camera:

Not exactly a "demanding" shoot, but challenging making a static subject look interesting for 2.5 minutes....<:^/

D

Reactions: Autcon and jeffk813

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbair