Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

..X5 has different FOV...

Reaction score
The X5 has a different FOV when you shoot in 48fps and 60fps... WHY ???
the 48fps and 60fps have a much wider FOV then the other settings....

The X5 has a different FOV when you shoot in 48fps and 60fps... WHY ???
the 48fps and 60fps have a much wider FOV then the other settings....
Interesting, I can only assume that 1080/24 is cropped and 1080/48&60 uses the the entire sensor. Maybe it is a read out/processing restriction on the higher frame rates that the sensor is utilised in its native format to limit the overhead on processing.

Interesting, I can only assume that 1080/24 is cropped and 1080/48&60 uses the the entire sensor. Maybe it is a read out/processing restriction on the higher frame rates that the sensor is utilised in its native format to limit the overhead on processing.
The wider FOV is not available in 4K... all the video settings have a very narrow FOV except for 1080 and smaller.... my question is does this camera have the advertised FOV in all settings or only some ?...

That makes complete sense, I have been
The wider FOV is not available in 4K... all the video settings have a very narrow FOV except for 1080 and smaller.... my question is does this camera have the advertised FOV in all settings or only some ?...
That is a great question, I will forward your question to my contacts

That is really odd. It would make some sense that the 4K would crop the sensor by about 1.2x compared to full frame photos that is how the GH4 also creates it's image. Every other camera on the market, however, uses pixel binning or line skipping to create a 1080p image from the full sensor. Some cameras offer a crop or use a crop for high frame rate footage. The X5, however, appears to be expanding the high frame rate footage, which is the opposite. How do all of these video crops compare to the full photo size? Also, are the UHD/4K and 1080p crops similar in size?

Very interesting...would be really good to know what is going on here? Is it possible for someone from DJI to explain this?

All FOV are the same with the X3 ..photo.. video 4k ..1080 etc .... the X5 FOV varies from photo to video and through the different settings.. there is something wrong here... we are waiting for a explanation DJI... ???

The GoPro which uses the same A9 SoC has different FOV options for different resolutions and frame rates. Some modes use only the center of the imager. Maybe the X5 is doing similar.

The GoPro which uses the same A9 SoC has different FOV options for different resolutions and frame rates. Some modes use only the center of the imager. Maybe the X5 is doing similar.
I think the difference Ian is this is changing with frame rate settings only. GoPros give you the choice of FOV (although some are forces with resolution settings)

I think the difference Ian is this is changing with frame rate settings only. GoPros give you the choice of FOV (although some are forces with resolution settings)
there is a different FOV from photo to video and other variations in FOV in the other settings... the X5 specs say 72deg FOV which one is 72deg ??

there is a different FOV from photo to video and other variations in FOV in the other settings... the X5 specs say 72deg FOV which one is 72deg ??

I would expect and there should be different FOV between photo/video since the aspect ratio is different

I would expect and there should be different FOV between photo/video since the aspect ratio is different
The FOV is the same in photo, video, and all settings in the X3... i pick up a 12mm tomorrow ...it will be interesting to see how that goes.. cant wait to hear what DJI have to say... all the photographer's i have spoken to about this just scratch there head...

Reactions: slim.slamma

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz