Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

..X5 different quality on monitor..

Reaction score
The X5 gives you different quality on your monitor depending on what setting you are in... for example if you have it in photo mode and get a sharp display, switch to 4K video and display is.. well... looks like it is out of focus... switch to..1080.. BAM back in focus.... cop this one.... play back the video that looked out of focus on a 4K monitor and its in focus.... could some one tell me what is going on here ...PLEASE...

Remember the downlink is only 720p and compressed, i.e. of variable quality depending on image content, movement, link quality etc.

It doesn't allow for judging focus without the built-in aids (peaking/magnification) that are processed before the downsizing.

Reactions: The Editor
Remember the downlink is only 720p and compressed, i.e. of variable quality depending on image content, movement, link quality etc.

It doesn't allow for judging focus without the built-in aids (peaking/magnification) that are processed before the downsizing.
Ok... But...
Why does the focus go out on the monitor..... when switching from photo to video ?
Many times the camera is used for both stills and video in the same flight...
and not having the ability to do this with a sharp display in both is not good...

Ok... But...
Why does the focus go out on the monitor..... when switching from photo to video ?
Many times the camera is used for both stills and video in the same flight...
and not having the ability to do this with a sharp display in both is not good...
What resolution monitor are you using?
If it is a 1080 then as soon as you pump 720 into it it will be doing its own upscaling.
Additionally, when you change from Video to photo mode and view the offending feed are you changing aspect ratio?

What resolution monitor are you using?
If it is a 1080 then as soon as you pump 720 into it it will be doing its own upscaling.
Additionally, when you change from Video to photo mode and view the offending feed are you changing aspect ratio?
I have a ipad mini 2.... this worked well with the X3 clean crisp image in any mod... the X5 has me confused...

I have spent many many hours flying and playing with the X5... all setting ....recording photo;s and video;s ... then bringing them home and watching them on my 4k monitor... there are some strange things happening with the X5...

Them maybe explain what those "strange things" are with proper words?

Granted I don't have many flights with one yet, the live preview indeed isn't the sharpest indeed but it's not a problem when you use the tools correctly and the output was always as I'd have expected it.

Them maybe explain what those "strange things" are with proper words?

Granted I don't have many flights with one yet, the live preview indeed isn't the sharpest indeed but it's not a problem when you use the tools correctly and the output was always as I'd have expected it.
I thought i had pointed out some strange things in this post.. and... in the other post about the difference in FOV when shooting in 30fps and 60fps...

same thing happened to me till i learned that if your lens is not calibrated perfectly anything 1080p or lower will be in focus and 2k and above will be out of focus. calibrated and its all in focus now.

Reactions: slim.slamma

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz