Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

What to buy after 15mm, 45mm...

It's interesting that you mention to be careful to get a good copy of this lens. So far I have received two from a reputable (think large river) online vendor both of which have what appear to be air bubbles in the glass!

I am waiting for a third one to be delivered tomorrow, (from a different vendor as the original vendor has pulled their remaining stock pending an internal investigation) hopefully I will eventually find a keeper!

Wow, air bubbles? We knew there were some focus issues but have not seen that issue yet. Thanks for letting us know.

Wow, air bubbles? We knew there were some focus issues but have not seen that issue yet. Thanks for letting us know.

You can see the single bubble in the first lens I received and the multiple bubbles present in its replacement here:

d82b961b116b6f41d8c85e3d0bb61988.jpg
d7077c713fc74881c099878e70cb6095.jpg

I think I’m gonna skip on the 25mm and get something else. The 45mm has a great look to it, really draws the horizon in to you. So maybe the 12mm or 17mm for me to try next. The 25mm didn’t feel very special, just felt like I had cropped the frame.

We went from the 15mm DJI to the 12mm Olympus (best Lens!), 17mm and 45mm are our goto lenses. I have just seen the Laowa 7.5mm and that looks very interesting - however I am struggling to get one in the UK. I don't miss the 15mm at all Im afraid!

We went from the 15mm DJI to the 12mm Olympus (best Lens!), 17mm and 45mm are our goto lenses. I have just seen the Laowa 7.5mm and that looks very interesting - however I am struggling to get one in the UK. I don't miss the 15mm at all Im afraid!

I'm interested in the 7.5mm too. Would be nice to see it better supported though.

I'm trying to figure out if the 12mm is superior enough in construction to warrant the double price over the other lens in the series...

Reactions: SanCap
I'm interested in the 7.5mm too. Would be nice to see it better supported though.

I'm trying to figure out if the 12mm is superior enough in construction to warrant the double price over the other lens in the series...

That support may or may not happen any time soon.What are your primary shot requirements? Do you need a wide angle or not so much. The 17mm is a very nice lens.

The build quality is superior to the others in the range which are mainly plastic, and the push / pull focus ring is very nice quality as is the feel of the manual focus - it does "feel" nicer - double the price - I'm unsure?? But generally I'm pleased with it

The build quality is superior to the others in the range which are mainly plastic, and the push / pull focus ring is very nice quality as is the feel of the manual focus - it does "feel" nicer - double the price - I'm unsure?? But generally I'm pleased with it

Makes sense if it's more metal. I'll give it a shot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz