Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

using olympus lens and no image

Reaction score
I mounted the X5 on my Inspire 1, and I mounted my Olympus 17mm 1:18 lens to the new X5 gimbal. I turned the system on and I do not see an image on my ipad. The DJI app recognizes the lens however. I briefly saw a notice on my iPad that said "lens was not connected", then it disappeared. The light meter detects light and everything seems to work except I cannot see an image or capture a photo. Is the X5 not compatible with the Olympus 17mm 1:18 lens, my lens has the same mount as the gimbal mount. Also, when I attach the X5 gimbal, does the firmware have to be upgraded on the SD card that comes with the X5? posted 1/2016

I mounted the X5 on my Inspire 1, and I mounted my Olympus 17mm 1:18 lens to the new X5 gimbal. I turned the system on and I do not see an image on my ipad. The DJI app recognizes the lens however. I briefly saw a notice on my iPad that said "lens was not connected", then it disappeared. The light meter detects light and everything seems to work except I cannot see an image or capture a photo. Is the X5 not compatible with the Olympus 17mm 1:18 lens, my lens has the same mount as the gimbal mount. Also, when I attach the X5 gimbal, does the firmware have to be upgraded on the SD card that comes with the X5? posted 1/2016
Check the seating and fitting of the connector pins on the lens mount itself. There has been a few badly constructed ones slip through the net.

Check the seating and fitting of the connector pins on the lens mount itself. There has been a few badly constructed ones slip through the net.
now the DJI app says "camera requires upgrade". So I am assuming I must download latest firmware? Correct? and install and retry.?

now the DJI app says "camera requires upgrade". So I am assuming I must download latest firmware? Correct? and install and retry.?
UPDATE. pictures are captured and saved to SD card. However, I cannot see what camera sees on my iPad. FPV is not happening. There must be a simple thing I am missing. Thoughts?

Not used the 17mm before through all worked out fine with my 12mm. Can you see the streaming feed while using the stock lens? Maybe check with DJI with the compatibility of the lens, also try to use a different tablet/smartphone and see if the feed works? Otherwise delete and re-install the DJI Go app as I've had bad installation before on my iPad and the app kept crashing.... Hope that helps.

If you use the plastic cover cap for the camera port on the aircraft, it can get improperly installed or misaligned when taking it out effectively breaking the pins on the interface board. Check the board pins on the aircraft where the gimbal mounts.

You said that you couldn't see the image with your 17mm lens, but you didn't say whether you could see it with any other lens.

I'm assuming that this is not lens-specific, and that instead you are experiencing a run-of-the-mill FPV video signal problem. The standard first recommendation is to remove the DJI app from your tablet, then reinstall it. That has worked for me and for several others.

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz