Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Uncommanded Gear Down When Rotating Zenmuse X5

Reaction score
Rotating the X5 camera approximately 180-degrees at altitude regularly results in an uncommanded lowering of the gear. Apparently, the end of the lens hood crosses the path of the VPS triggering the gear down command. We verified it by 1) removing the lens hood and 2) then reattaching the lens hood and disabling the auto gear transformation option. We're new to the I1, but has anyone else seen this? It seems like a significant design flaw if we diagnosed it properly.

Rotating the X5 camera approximately 180-degrees at altitude regularly results in an uncommanded lowering of the gear. Apparently, the end of the lens hood crosses the path of the VPS triggering the gear down command. We verified it by 1) removing the lens hood and 2) then reattaching the lens hood and disabling the auto gear transformation option. We're new to the I1, but has anyone else seen this? It seems like a significant design flaw if we diagnosed it properly.

You could always disable VPS.

Installed FW v1.8.1.00 and DJI GO v2.7.2 and the release notes say "3. Fixed the issue of landing gears lowering in midair on rare occasions." Also noticed the new "Disable VPS" option on the app mentioned by Quadpilot above. Will test it all on the next flight and report our findings back here. Thanks for your comments.

Test flight following the above FW updates - could not replicate the uncommanded gear down problem. Problem solved I suppose! (Until the next time we're in the middle of an important shoot, of course.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz