Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Swoping from Zenmuse X3 to X5R and getting a discount from DJI

Reaction score
Don't you think that DJI should offer a discount for everyone who wants to trade in their obsolete Zenmuse X3?

Don't you think that DJI should offer a discount for everyone who wants to trade in their obsolete Zenmuse X3?

Nope.

Next?

1) X3 is NOT obsolete. If you think it is go sell it for dirt cheap. Someone will but it.
2) The X5 is designed and catered to the high end professional as a good majority of us in this forum are not at that level. If you think you are then you should be getting paid as much as the X5R at every gig at least 2x month.
3) Finally what makes a great videographer. Is it the equipment or their creative skillset.

Reactions: Rainbowers
Why would they? The new camera is 4X ~ 10X the price of X3. If they made a minor improvement and released an X3 v2 I could expect them to offer a trade in, but not when it is a whole new camera that's significantly more expensive. Do you expect Apple to allow you to trade in an old iPod for a brand new iPhone 6S?

Why would they? The new camera is 4X ~ 10X the price of X3. If they made a minor improvement and released an X3 v2 I could expect them to offer a trade in, but not when it is a whole new camera that's significantly more expensive. Do you expect Apple to allow you to trade in an old iPod for a brand new iPhone 6S?
Apple will let you trade in a old ipod for 6s you might just get 50 to 100 dollars off but they except it still, but I get what your saying. Not including DJI is not about customer satisfaction as we have seen many times on these forums

Do you expect Apple to allow you to trade in an old iPod for a brand new iPhone 6S?
They actually do have a buyback programme:
Apple Reuse and Recycling Program for iPhone, iPad, and Mac - Apple

Of course if you used the same calculation methods your X3 would be probably worth $150 i.e peanuts, you're much better off either selling it yourself or just keeping it.
Those trade-ins are typically a "scam" whatever they're for, i.e. you can always get at least twice more if you sell it yourself. With a car it might be more convenient to have the garage do it for you making it worth paying him some commission, but for electronics it's just never interesting.

So yeah, I guess we could say "they should", but being aware that if they did it would just never be interesting.

Last edited:
Quote removed
Wow! For the sake of forum use, keep the question within question, NOT Who or what you are! This doesn't help flexing who is amateur and professional. Simple questions with answers.. How much you want for your OBSOLETE X3[emoji13]??

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kilrah
I'll message you! This is not eBay lol.. I'm already committing to the X5-X5R pending more info[emoji6] Either way, I'll meet ya halfway price wise[emoji6]

RED had to reinforce their name at that time following some "mistakes"... DJI are way past that, anything they make already sells so fast they have trouble keeping up... it's not like they had to hunt for their potential customers with offers.

I'll buy it for $150, so I can sell it for $300 afterwards (which is what DJI would do if they proposed a trade-in)...

Wow! For the sake of forum use, keep the question within question, NOT Who or what you are! This doesn't help flexing who is amateur and professional. Simple questions with answers.. How much you want for your OBSOLETE X3[emoji13]??

Edit He doesn't know me and don't have the desire to know him now as he is just making assumptions.

A real professional wouldn't bat an eye if he is for real. ;)

Edited by mazz

Last edited:
Reactions: PB30X
Just a few quick changes to sway the direction of the conversation. Debates are great. Just don't let them turn into arguments. Become a master debater today!

Just a few quick changes to sway the direction of the conversation. Debates are great. Just don't let them turn into arguments. Become a master debater today!

Agree! I come in to gather intelligence not listen to someones personal comments about another. Trolls should not be allowed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz