Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

UK 'Renting' My Videos

Reaction score
Guys

Got a client who wants to rent my videos I have shot and about to shoot

Seems fair to me. It means I potentially will have a long term client paying me monthly for a protracted period of time rather than a one hit deal.

Client will obviously use videos to promote his business. Effectively he is paying me to advertise my business.
All footage is watermarked with my details and I retain copyright. It will be used on social media and at exhibitions.

The crux is I have never had this before and any ideas what I should be charging on a monthly basis if I go ahead with this business model? Anyone done something similar?

Thanks in advance

I'd try Dissolve.com -- they're a little more selective, and tend to pay a little better. "Renting" isn't really the term that's used... it's called "licensing". If your client is looking for a fixed (limited) term and a degree of exclusivity, that will fall under "Rights Managed".If they are looking for open-ended unlimited use with no exclusivity, that falls under "Royalty-Free".

Rights-Managed pays more, but is very hard to police. Not many clients go for rights-managed stock anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens