Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Recommendations for a drone to fit a Mirrorless camera

Reaction score
Can someone help me if I am missing a drone that actually exists...
I am a still photographer that shoots advertising. I have considered getting a M600 so I can fly a small mirrorless camera as all the smaller drones (inspire etc) really don't do stills particularly well and restrict the use of certain lenses for looks.
I own a inspire x5r at the moment and have a little experience with shooting with an old s1000 drone. I figure the s1000 is about that ridiculous size that if you need walk up a mountain for a shot - you need two people and it kills you before you get there! I kind of feel its designed for lifting too much weight and is a bit overkill.

There doesn't seem to be a drone that exists that I've found thats small enough to carry anywhere that can hold a small mirrorless camera (like a Sony A7RIV) ? Or an I missing a product?

I wondered if a matrice 200 or a tarot 650 (although they are pushing the spec's with the camera)? That new sony could be cool, but it doesnt seem to fold up. I feel its a part pdf the market that hasn't been tackled yet.

Is there a drone in existence at the moment that can do this without the weight, size off the M600?

Cheers Paul

My friend flew for a company that wanted photos from a Sony A7R IV. They thought his M200 would be big enough, but it just wasn't. They ended up getting an M600, which as you point out is big and heavy.

My friend did tell me about this, which sounds like it might be exactly what you are looking for: Take off with Astro!

My friend flew for a company that wanted photos from a Sony A7R IV. They thought his M200 would be big enough, but it just wasn't. They ended up getting an M600, which as you point out is big and heavy.

My friend did tell me about this, which sounds like it might be exactly what you are looking for: Take off with Astro!
A good priced new Matrice 600 pro came up for sale and in a moment of weakness and purchased it... So I am going to be lugging this huge around with me....
I like the look of the astro, but the price was double what I got the M600 and its available.

@Paul Ross Jones You're on track... the newer platforms: carbon over/under Octal motors on Quad, or a nice Quad with hefty payload are all going to easily exceed the new price of M600 or the M600Pro, not including the deals available in used sales.

The M600Pro breaks down a bit more than the M600... but both are bulky for a mountain trail hike. If ya carry the M600P out of case in a web setup for backpack... the craft is about 15 lbs less Batteries, Gimbal & Camera. Relatively easy load on back, can carry alone or strap to backpack.

If you're going with the M600 / M600Pro platform, have you narrowed down the Gimbal to RoninMX or Gremsy T3v3. The Gremsy is lighter package & newer. If going with RoninMX, really watch the eBay listing...so many call the older Ronin a RoninMX and it's not compatible with M600Pro's.

If you're into the stills, you may end up liking the M600 platform for it's smooth operation. The 6x 21" Props and low RPM motors provide a very smooth platform and I personally feel it flies more stable, gentle moves.

Multiple ways to accomplish... the but the newer AirCommander "Entire R3 Combo" is improved and works great with the Sony A7 series for full control.

Reactions: Paul Ross Jones
@Paul Ross Jones You're on track... the newer platforms: carbon over/under Octal motors on Quad, or a nice Quad with hefty payload are all going to easily exceed the new price of M600 or the M600Pro, not including the deals available in used sales.

The M600Pro breaks down a bit more than the M600... but both are bulky for a mountain trail hike. If ya carry the M600P out of case in a web setup for backpack... the craft is about 15 lbs less Batteries, Gimbal & Camera. Relatively easy load on back, can carry alone or strap to backpack.

If you're going with the M600 / M600Pro platform, have you narrowed down the Gimbal to RoninMX or Gremsy T3v3. The Gremsy is lighter package & newer. If going with RoninMX, really watch the eBay listing...so many call the older Ronin a RoninMX and it's not compatible with M600Pro's.

If you're into the stills, you may end up liking the M600 platform for it's smooth operation. The 6x 21" Props and low RPM motors provide a very smooth platform and I personally feel it flies more stable, gentle moves.

Multiple ways to accomplish... the but the newer AirCommander "Entire R3 Combo" is improved and works great with the Sony A7 series for full control.
Thanks for the information. I am thinking the gremsy T3 does look good. cheers Paul

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens