Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Read before buying Matrice 100

Reaction score
To begin with I would like to say Im no stranger to DJI. My fleet contains 2-Phantom 2 vision plus, 3-Phantom 3, F550 with A2 and Lightbridge and the newest addition to the fleet is the Brand New Matrice 100.

I suggest you all do more research before spending base 3400.00 USD for an item which you will not receive support for once it breaks or becomes defective.

To begin, right out of the box the RC for the Matrice 100 required a firmware update. It would not accept the firmware update leaving me in a situation unable to fly my new bird. Because if I fly the unit without the proper firmware, I am responsible if anything goes wrong. Ok, so i contact support (which by the way, is located in China) Matrice support is handled strictly by the dev.support team located in China. You only receive support VIA email, and it is in a horrible broken English and its clear they have a hard time understanding me as well.
after 2 weeks of emailing them about this issue I have gotten no help. Litterally, NO HELP. This is a brand new unit, never flown. And it looks like it may never fly.

Second, as i was installing the X3 camera and preparing for when I could fly, the battery went from 98% charged to 3% in seconds and the dji GO app reported "Critical Power Warning" WTF?
So i plug it up to the wall charger included with the Matrice 100..........and nothing. It will not charge. It is however reporting VIA the LED's on battery that it is overcharged.

Do i dare try and contact support? Of course I do. Ive spent close to 4500 USD on a piece of carbon fiber i can fit in the dishwasher.

I WOULD LIKE TO ASK EVERYONE TO THINK TWICE ABOUT PURCHASING THE MATRICE 100. WHETHER ITS A GOOD PRODUCT OR NOT, YOU WILL NOT GET SUPPORT WHEN ITS NEEDED.

OH AND FROM MY EXPERIENCE WITH DJI, SUPPORT TAKES AT MINIMUM 6-8 WEEKS. THIS IS NO JOKE, THIS IS REAL, YOU WILL WAIT 6-8 WEEKS AND YOU WILL RECEIVE LITTLE TO NO COMMUNICATION ABOUT THE PROCESS. AND MANY PEOPLE REPORT OF RECEIVING THERE PRODUCT BACK WITH NO REPAIR TAKEN PLACE.......JUST A BROKEN UNIT, NO EXPLANATION.

I know it may seem like Im down on DJI, Im not, but before you spend 3400 USD you should know what you are getting!

To begin with I would like to say Im no stranger to DJI. My fleet contains 2-Phantom 2 vision plus, 3-Phantom 3, F550 with A2 and Lightbridge and the newest addition to the fleet is the Brand New Matrice 100.

I suggest you all do more research before spending base 3400.00 USD for an item which you will not receive support for once it breaks or becomes defective.

To begin, right out of the box the RC for the Matrice 100 required a firmware update. It would not accept the firmware update leaving me in a situation unable to fly my new bird. Because if I fly the unit without the proper firmware, I am responsible if anything goes wrong. Ok, so i contact support (which by the way, is located in China) Matrice support is handled strictly by the dev.support team located in China. You only receive support VIA email, and it is in a horrible broken English and its clear they have a hard time understanding me as well.
after 2 weeks of emailing them about this issue I have gotten no help. Litterally, NO HELP. This is a brand new unit, never flown. And it looks like it may never fly.

Second, as i was installing the X3 camera and preparing for when I could fly, the battery went from 98% charged to 3% in seconds and the dji GO app reported "Critical Power Warning" WTF?
So i plug it up to the wall charger included with the Matrice 100..........and nothing. It will not charge. It is however reporting VIA the LED's on battery that it is overcharged.

Do i dare try and contact support? Of course I do. Ive spent close to 4500 USD on a piece of carbon fiber i can fit in the dishwasher.

I WOULD LIKE TO ASK EVERYONE TO THINK TWICE ABOUT PURCHASING THE MATRICE 100. WHETHER ITS A GOOD PRODUCT OR NOT, YOU WILL NOT GET SUPPORT WHEN ITS NEEDED.

OH AND FROM MY EXPERIENCE WITH DJI, SUPPORT TAKES AT MINIMUM 6-8 WEEKS. THIS IS NO JOKE, THIS IS REAL, YOU WILL WAIT 6-8 WEEKS AND YOU WILL RECEIVE LITTLE TO NO COMMUNICATION ABOUT THE PROCESS. AND MANY PEOPLE REPORT OF RECEIVING THERE PRODUCT BACK WITH NO REPAIR TAKEN PLACE.......JUST A BROKEN UNIT, NO EXPLANATION.

I know it may seem like Im down on DJI, Im not, but before you spend 3400 USD you should know what you are getting!

The horrific customer service legacy continues to a whole new customer segment.

The battery and FW issues though seem like solvable problems. If the customer service was not what it is that is.

Reactions: DR1Drones
To be very clear once again, this is how DJI's support flows. As I know for fact:

-Phantom 3 series can use the live chat feature on DJI website. Also some support out of LA office(if you can get through to them, ive been calling for three days, I get this message "Due to high call volume we are unable to help at this time try again later," then im hung up on"

-Inspire 1 series can also use the live chat feature on DJI website.Also some support out of LA office(if you can get through to them, ive been calling for three days, I get this message "Due to high call volume we are unable to help at this time try again later," then im hung up on"

All other DJI components like Lightbridge, Flight Controlers, etc are also handled through LA office (if you can get through to a rep you will find they are ill equipped for telephone support. It always ends in a RMA request. Returned Merchandise Authothorization (I think) THIS MEANS YOU ARE OUT YOUR AIRCRAFT FOR 6- 8 WEEKS MINIMUM. This may not seems so bad until its you, TRUST ME! And on top of that there are many forums with pissed customers who received their unit back and it was either fixed partially or not at all. And there is no explination for lack of service on many.

THIS IS THE SUPPORT YOU WILL RECEIVE AS WELL, YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL (I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOUR MOTHER TOLD YOU).

PLEASE THINK TWICE, MAYBE THREE TIMES BEFORE PURCHASING ANY DJI PRODUCT.

And finally the new MATRICE 100. DJI's top of the line RTF system. Support for this is as horrible as it comes. You will be dealing directly with the Chinese support team. There will be a huge language barrier and they will not understand you well! it will take 2-3 days to get a response and I promise the response will infuriate you! YOU WILL NOT BE HEARD AND YOU WILL NOT BE HELPED

IF ALL THE ABOVE SOUNDS LIKE A VERY BALANCED AND FAIR SYSTEM OF SUPPORT FOR YOU.......THEN PLEASE VISIT THIS SITE FOR INFORMATION ON HOW TO SIGN UP FOR THIS MOST AMAZING JOURNEY.........http://store.dji.com/

Edited for language

Last edited:
To be very clear once again, this is how DJI's support flows. As I know for fact:

-Phantom 3 series can use the live chat feature on DJI website. Also some support out of LA office(if you can get through to them, ive been calling for three days, I get this message "Due to high call volume we are unable to help at this time try again later," then im hung up on"

-Inspire 1 series can also use the live chat feature on DJI website.Also some support out of LA office(if you can get through to them, ive been calling for three days, I get this message "Due to high call volume we are unable to help at this time try again later," then im hung up on"

All other DJI components like Lightbridge, Flight Controlers, etc are also handled through LA office (if you can get through to a rep you will find they are ill equipped for telephone support. It always ends in a RMA request. Returned Merchandise Authothorization (I think) THIS MEANS YOU ARE OUT YOUR AIRCRAFT FOR 6- 8 WEEKS MINIMUM. This may not seems so bad until its you, TRUST ME! And on top of that there are many forums with pissed customers who received their unit back and it was either fixed partially or not at all. And there is no explination for lack of service on many.

THIS IS THE SUPPORT YOU WILL RECEIVE AS WELL, YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL (I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOUR MOTHER TOLD YOU).

PLEASE THINK TWICE, MAYBE THREE TIMES BEFORE PURCHASING ANY DJI PRODUCT.

And finally the new MATRICE 100. DJI's top of the line RTF system. Support for this is as horrible as it comes. You will be dealing directly with the ChinaMen. This I compare to having a politically charged conversation with a newborn monkey! it will take 2-3 days to get a response and I promise the response will infuriate you! YOU WILL NOT BE HEARD AND YOU WILL NOT BE HELPED

IF ALL THE ABOVE SOUNDS LIKE A VERY BALANCED AND FAIR SYSTEM OF SUPPORT FOR YOU.......THEN PLEASE VISIT THIS SITE FOR INFORMATION ON HOW TO SIGN UP FOR THIS MOST AMAZING JOURNEY.........http://store.dji.com/
So, did you join this forum just to rant and rave, or, did you join to ask the other pilots for help and advice!

Reactions: Kilrah
Both! There are always 3 sides to every story, My side, Your side, and the truth, Im offering my Truth and disappointment (Ive spent 12,000 USD with DJI in past 2 months, none of those 3 units can fly) in hopes of receiving help from others that feel the way as I do. Do you have anything useful to share?

Im sorry you see this personal between you and I, I do not see the insult in the above statement, sounds like you have a grudge to clear with someone else other than me! I wish you the best on clearing that up.

In the mean time Im totally open to hearing any good or not so good stories you have to share about your DJI experience, as would others that visit this thread.

Do not mistake my aggravation for a spite or hatred towards DJI or its employees, I have a business which demands the use of these items and I would like to see that better support be offerd. As a business I would be happy to pay twice as much for their (trully superior product, when its operational) to ensure a quick and fair response to Technical questions or need.

What goes up must come down, and when it comes down due to something other than user error, you hope that somebody has your back.

And I give Big Props to DJI and its support team, after dealing with China Support I'm truly happy to have the LA office. I also understand they are in the process of building a larger warehouse in LA to increase support and repair for these products.

Last edited:
Im sorry you see this personal between you and I, I do not see the insult in the above statement, sounds like you have a grudge to clear with someone else other than me! I wish you the best on clearing that up.

In the mean time Im totally open to hearing any good or not so good stories you have to share about your DJI experience, as would others that visit this thread.

Do not mistake my aggravation for a spite or hatred towards DJI or its employees, I have a business which demands the use of these items and I would like to see that better support be offerd. As a business I would be happy to pay twice as much for their (trully superior product, when its operational) to ensure a quick and fair response to Technical questions or need.

What goes up must come down, and when it comes down due to something other than user error, you hope that somebody has your back.

And I give Big Props to DJI and its support team, after dealing with China Support I'm truly happy to have the LA office. I also understand they are in the process of building a larger warehouse in LA to increase support and repair for these products.
Hey Kris ..
welcome to inspirepilots.com. ...
Im sorry you're having issues with your dji aircraft. .
My experience with dji la helps me to understand your frustration. .lol...
I about blew a gasket while dealing with the repair process for my inspire. .
that being said Im glad to see someone has received their Matrice 100...
Unfortunately you're experiencing some issues getting it up in air and I know how frustrating that is,but try and not let it get the best of you and enjoy the fact that you're one of the first pilots to get a Matrice. ..
Hopefully you'll get it worked out in a timely manner. ..
let us know how it works out as I am very interested in hearing about what It takes to get a Matrice operational. .
turb...

Reactions: BrianG-InspirePH
Thank you Turb... You so right, I do feel very lucky to be one of the few to receive this aircraft. That is a good reflection to me. I will be posting a lot about this unit so keep checking back, hopefully we get some help and answers.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Thank you Turb... You so right, I do feel very lucky to be one of the few to receive this aircraft. That is a good reflection to me. I will be posting a lot about this unit so keep checking back, hopefully we get some help and answers.
Ya man...you will...be patient. ..you're on the cutting edge of technology. ..
I'm excited for you!!
I'll be watching your progress. .
did you get the avoidance system? ?
Feel free to post some pictures of your aircraft and more details. ..

Here is part of my fleet, they were all operational 4 days ago, now only the P3 works. Ill post some pics and info about installing the X3 camera. Owners manual is conflicting with actual product and instillation technique of gimbal. And the gimbal connecter kit comes minus a part which is shown as required.

Attachments

• IMG_0745.JPG
    IMG_0745.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
Here is part of my fleet, they were all operational 4 days ago, now only the P3 works. Ill post some pics and info about installing the X3 camera. Owners manual is conflicting with actual product and instillation technique of gimbal. And the gimbal connecter kit comes minus a part which is shown as required.

Where is the Inspire 1?

the Inspire was working that day, along with the 2-Phantom2 vision plus and the other operational P3

No I don't have any grudge to clear up.
The insult for me was that your statement, by implication, was that 'my side' and 'the truth' were divorced, in other words, anything I posted would not be the truth!
I accused you of ranting because you SHOUTED on your posts and you double posted by going off topic on another thread (you got a warning by a moderator for that).
This community has a wealth of knowledge which is available 'On Tap' and I would suggest that if you post some clear detail of your issues, they/we may be able to assist you..

The statement was not meant to reflect you or your truth. Not an attacking towards you.

Moving on, and thank you for asking, the Matrice you obviously know what it's issues are,
f550 has a defective Bluetooth LED Module. It's the A2 model and the LED does not light up, turns out the blue color goes first then the red and eventually you cannot read the aircraft's status. This also doe not allow me to calibrate the GPS compass. Also the Lightbridge will transmit video but not control the Flight commads, and the H3-3d gimbal will not accept the firmware upgrade.

My other P3 is in LA with DJI in hopes of being repaired. It went berserk mid flight and came crashing to the ground, faulty IMU in my opinion.

I have recently had a lot of bad luck with DJI products. Sure its a phase, I hope

Last edited:
@Kris Golden - This may seem counter intuitive but, Did you buy this from the largest US distributor that can offer you support with a more direct link to the people that matter or purchase directly from DJI?

Yes_____1_____ I did, I thought, I purchased it through Amazon, the purveyor was Fumfie. I contacted the seller. He wanted to help until he ran across an email from DJI, he read it to me......It laid out very clearly that if they accepted a return of any DJI products that it would not be addressed and that they would then be responsible soley for the exchange. They said very clearly all repairs or returns would strictly go thru DJI only. I'm contacting Amazon today to file a dispute.

Update to the 12th service request to DJI China-

They have once again sent me instructions on how to update the RC, this will make the 12th time they have sent the same information with instructions. I continue to tell them that both of the update processes are not working for my RC,
They did however finally address (after the fourth email) the newest issue (the LiPo battery) which will not charge. I'm including below the newest email response.

Dear sir, Sorry for the inconvenience caused. The other way to upgrade RC is : 1.Turn on the RC, and contact your Mobile device to the RC, Please do not turn on the flight; 2.Start the DJI GO, select the inspire 1 page, enter into camera view; 3.Click the NO SIGNAL on the top of the view, find the OVERALL STATUS item; 4.Upgrade your RC under the OVERALL STATUS. If this method doesn't work ,please provide us a screenshot of DJI GO which has "RC Firmware Update Required" displayed on the APP, and we will provide you DOA service. As to your charger problem, please kindly send us clear photos (video preferred) of this scenario for our better analysis and troubleshooting.

With regards the RC not upgrading, I have seen this before and the solution was to use a RC reset patch file to restore the RC to factory condition, followed by deleting the existing App and re-installing the App (This flushes the App memory).
After starting the RC and the App, the App then offered to download the latest FW and install it.
This was successful for me and others..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctfulgham