Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

RE-calibrating camera?

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure that I properly calibrated my X5 when I received it. Does anyone know if there is a way to re-do this step? I'm brand new to DJI stuff, and not entirely familiar with the DJI Go app yet.

I'm not 100% sure that I properly calibrated my X5 when I received it. Does anyone know if there is a way to re-do this step? I'm brand new to DJI stuff, and not entirely familiar with the DJI Go app yet.

In the app, go to menu, then select the tool icon, scroll to bottom, there is a calibration setting. Make sure to select a high contrast object at least 50 m away.

Attachments

• IMG_0062.PNG
    IMG_0062.PNG
    3.1 MB · Views: 170
Reactions: CO_Mark
In the app, go to menu, then select the tool icon, scroll to bottom, there is a calibration setting. Make sure to select a high contrast object at least 50 m away.
Your kitchen is a fantastic size if it is 164foot long so you can calibrate your X5.

I want a kitchen like that ! :p

50m? Hmm. That seems quite a long way for it to be the hyperfocal distance. I guess trees without leaves and sky view behind them would work. Or a house more than 50m away would work.

Andy.

Can someone confirm if this is needed for each flight/time you connect the camera?

M footage from last nights fireworks is blurry as hell!! Im gutted as I had permission to fly up close and personal at a private display!! all video out of focus!!!!!! mortified!!!

50m? Hmm. That seems quite a long way for it to be the hyperfocal distance. I guess trees without leaves and sky view behind them would work. Or a house more than 50m away would work.

Andy.

You're not calibrating the hyperfocal distance, but infinity for the lens. That's why you need to find a high-contrast object at least 50 m away. You should only need to do this once for each lens. I can't verify if this is only for lenses that DJI has approved and for which the camera has a profile, or if un-approved lenses will remember the calibration after swapping lenses. Haven't had enough trials with my Oly 25 and 45 mm lenses to verify, but my DJI 15 and Oly 12 (approved) have held focus calibration after swap.

Last edited:
hi, where do you activate focus peaking? ( the red line so that you know it is sharp) i know how to activate the focus assist, bud where is the peaking and can you set the % for it?

hi, where do you activate focus peaking? ( the red line so that you know it is sharp) i know how to activate the focus assist, bud where is the peaking and can you set the % for it?
its under
general settings
peak focus threshold
u can select none, or 70-90%
90% shows less red highlighting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz