Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

USA Rates for jobs

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been slowly picking up more and more business. I've done some sub contracting for a company and did a few jobs for 100$. I wanted to prove that I can provide quality raw media but think it's time to up the rate. I'm wondering what you all are charging for providing raw media (unedited photos and video). I'm using an Inspire 1 with x3 so it's not the highest quality. I'm looking for a reason to add an x5 or x5raw though.

All I have to do is shoot which is great because I'm not much of an editor. I have everything (banks, LLC, cert) already taken care of, just wondering about what yall charge. I'm in a large metro area so the jobs aren't too far away, but wanted to add something if the job is more than x amount of time away as well.

Thanks for your feed back.

Hey all,

I've been slowly picking up more and more business. I've done some sub contracting for a company and did a few jobs for 100$. I wanted to prove that I can provide quality raw media but think it's time to up the rate. I'm wondering what you all are charging for providing raw media (unedited photos and video). I'm using an Inspire 1 with x3 so it's not the highest quality. I'm looking for a reason to add an x5 or x5raw though.

All I have to do is shoot which is great because I'm not much of an editor. I have everything (banks, LLC, cert) already taken care of, just wondering about what yall charge. I'm in a large metro area so the jobs aren't too far away, but wanted to add something if the job is more than x amount of time away as well.

Thanks for your feed back.
What Do You Charge?
UK - Day Rates to Charge
USA - What are your aerial rates for hire?
USA - What is a reasonable fee structure?
How much does an aerial photographer cost?
What to charge for proffesional aerial services?

Reactions: owenrg
In this business it isn't a good thing to work for too little... (I have no idea about your area)
For a business -business exchange (western world), paying/charging less than $200 to turn up is "chicken feed"/hardly worth the effort, if they expect some work out of you prices will tend to rise..

Don't forget that as an Aerial Photographer / videographer, you aren't their employee, you are a business providing them with a service (you may even need to have employees (spotter/gimbal operator etc) - legally.

As a promotion, a "free sample" can work (but don't give then a whole photoshoot for nothing - ok do the shoot, but don't give them all the photos/video until money changes hands), but working for "next to nothing" only hurts the industry, and devalues the work..

Go to the nearby airclub and see what you can hire an aircraft for a photography shoot for?? that is the competition.

Good point.

Degraded quality doesn't always work in ones favour, but securing IP with watermark is vital. Also ensuring that the "sample" is only a small fraction of the "desired output" keeps the client hungry for more.

(at least here we are stimulating a little discussion without anyone "giving away" their "trade secrets".)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz