Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

public network RTK NTRIP - has anyone had success in NY?

Reaction score
hi all, I am somewhat new to the RTK world here. In NY and we have the NY SNET service, and CT has its ACORN service. I have been able to successfully connect to the ACORN network, but nothing i do gets me connected to the NY network. According to the site info everything in NY is up and running on the service, so that should not be the issue.

Has anyone had success in connecting their matrice to the NYSNET service? All I ever get is a "setting failed" message from the remote.

thanks!

Reactions: GsquaredAerials
I'm thinking this place is a ghost town. I've asked a bunch of noob questions and not a lot of responses. Guess there's not a lot of Matrice 30T peeps out there yet. The Mavic forum on the other hand is always active but there's way more Mavics out there. Anyway, I'm trying to find NTRIP networks in my area and can't find anything for Knoxville, TN. Plus, I don't know where to go to sign up and get the necessary info for the controller. I reached out to some YouTuber's that did some tutorials on it. Good luck.

I'm thinking this place is a ghost town. I've asked a bunch of noob questions and not a lot of responses. Guess there's not a lot of Matrice 30T peeps out there yet. The Mavic forum on the other hand is always active but there's way more Mavics out there. Anyway, I'm trying to find NTRIP networks in my area and can't find anything for Knoxville, TN. Plus, I don't know where to go to sign up and get the necessary info for the controller. I reached out to some YouTuber's that did some tutorials on it. Good luck.
i was able to find this. Good luck connecting.

Since i have posted this i have found that dronedeploy offers a network which seems to work well. Otherwise i will probably have to buy my own base station....

i was able to find this. Good luck connecting.

Yeah I found that page after leaving the comment. I see that TN15 has the reach to my house but do you know where to go from here to sign up and get the information for the RTK controller? I'm going to call my local TNDOT office and ask for any info but have a feeling I might not explain myself correctly and end up being transferred to multiple departments. I'll post back.

i see a link on the front page there for non-government and non education applications. looks like you need to pay some $$ for it. Given its a paid service i would expect them to be able to help you get set up.

DJI needs a username and password, IP address, and port. TN will give this to you once you pay i would guess.

as for configuration, do into DJI pilot - i found these instructions. go to page 45

Other pilots have mentioned that some networks are free to join but it looks as if that's not the case for ones in my area. Thanks for the research.

I found a company that charges $50/mo or $500/yr which is very affordable for individual pilots trying to use RTK on a smaller level. Point -1- One even offers a free 14 day trial with no credit card sign-ups and have been very fast in responding with my initial set-up issues. I confirmed the info they provided is correct but I'm not doing something correctly as the controller keeps showing a setup error. I'm gonna mess with it tomorrow but, their network coverage is everywhere and growing. Give em a try before you go the base station route. You can go monthly and work the fee into the budget proposal then eventually pay for the year or get the base station.

Email conversation with them:

Message: Hi there. I just signed up for the 14 day trial and I'm trying to enter the credentials into my device but am getting a "Setting Fail". Before I go asking questions in the DJI forums, can I confirm Point One works with DJI drones, specifically the DJI Enterprise Matrice 30T and if so, am I putting the right info in the right places. Here's what the RTK setup page looks like on the controller and what I'm entering in. Thanks in advance.
Select RTK Type Service: Custom Network RTK
NTRIP Host: xxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxx
Port :xxxx
User: xxxx
Password: xxxx
Mountpoint: xxxxxxx

Their quick response:

Yes, we work with a lot of DJI enterprise drone pilots so I wouldn’t expect any issues flying with any drone that supports NTRIP. Your documented information seems correct. If you are trying to fly in Europe, the only thing that would need to change would be the NTRIP host. That would change to polaris-eu.pointonenav.com.

I’m not seeing any activity from your key. Please recheck your username and password and make sure you are transcribing those values properly. In particular check to make sure you are using capital “o”s and the number “0” correctly. Our typeface has a small dot in the middle of the number “0” that is absent in the lowercase and capital letter “o”.

Hopefully that helps.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctfulgham