Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

UK Proposed new regulations

Reaction score
Hi all, first post here so hello as well :)

Appreciate there’s another thread discussing the U.K. drone bill, but as someone that is a little new to the commercial side of things, I was wondering if there are any murmurs as to what (if anything) the proposed changes to U.K. legislation are likely to mean to PfCO holders?

The impression I get from what I’ve read in the media is that the proposals *should* help put off non-qualified operators from attempting commercial work (although that’s only as good as the probably non-existent enforcement it’ll offer), but as someone that has only just (this month) come out of the arduous process of waiting for the CAA to issue a PfCO, was wondering if the general feeling is this will have any short to medium impact on us?

I doubt it'll have any impact on anything, except to add yet more red tape and cost for those of us that are law abiding. I've not seen anything in the waffle that acknowledges that there is an existing permit scheme and tests for the PfCO... so we'll probably have take their proposed test (and pay for it as it'll have a cost) and also pay to register our UAS... along with paying for the PfCO each year.

Those that want to fly (and do work) without tests or registration will continue to do so. Same as people still drive without insurance, license or mot.

The only good thing is it may make more people / companies understand they or a contractor (us) need a pfco or to ask to see one.

I doubt it Mark, if anything I think it'll make it worse as it'll become very confusing to individuals and companies and they'll end up thinking everyone is ok to work if theyve had to 'pass a test' first to fly anything over a few grams. Result... the PfCO will be even more devalued :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz