Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Pretty happy with the M210

MGS

Reaction score
Website
mojavegeospatialsolutions.com
I picked up an M210 a couple of weeks ago with a little apprehension because I've been seeing a lot of chatter about bugs with the platform.
After two weeks of flying it, I haven't had any issues. So far it's been bulletproof and the majority of the anxiety I've been feeling about potential problems has subsided.

Notably;
  • The Crystal Sky 7.85" display works really well. The "High Brightness" works really well. I thought that I would need the "Ultra High Brightness" since I live in the desert and the sun is insane.
  • The quality of the carrying case was a good attempt, but it's going to need a hard case.
  • I did some light wind testing and it's solid. I was primarily interested in the M210 for the payload options but the ability to handle wind is a major factor in the high desert.
  • If I had to describe it I would say it's like a Phantom 4 Pro on some serious steroids.
  • The Cendence remote is really nice, no cords, solid mount, swappable batteries. I haven't even started to dial all the options it has for user controls.
  • Swapping between the single to dual gimbal mount is pretty reasonable.

I'm hoping that DJI unlocks the autonomous flight option for doing Orthomosic images until then I have to switch to my tablet to run autonomous flight missions.

The majority of feedback on FB and everywhere else is very good for the M200 series especially the 210 with RTK.

Overall DJI does seem to be onto a winner here with this craft, just need the pilot app to get out of beta ASAP now.

Reactions: MGS
Im glad to hear its working well with no issues. Last time i saw one in a local center they told me they could not get the GPS working correctly and that a recall could be coming. Maybe it was just firmware.

Im glad to hear its working well with no issues. Last time i saw one in a local center they told me they could not get the GPS working correctly and that a recall could be coming. Maybe it was just firmware.
There's been no shortage of issues with the M210. I've been really spooked about putting any more money into additional cameras until it's been worked out.

The cost of the set up is right in there with the price of a new car. Problem is that your in the cold if your dealer can't address it, the factory service infrastructure is total garbage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctfulgham