Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Point of Interest Waypoint Issue

Reaction score
I'm trying to go from A to B and film around a POI and then return back to A. The machine flies the route great, but I cannot find a way to pitch the camera to the POI. I have yaw set to POI and that works great, but I can't find pitch POI.

Using H20 and DJI GO 4. Any info appreciated. Also are there 3rd party mapping programs available out there for the M300?

Thanks.

Have a look at Litchi - you can set waypoints, and, at each, have the camera look at an assigned POI. In your case, it could just be one POI for both waypoints. Otherwise, I've used Go 4's Spotlight feature to lock onto a POI and keep it in focus, then, in Tripod mode, I fly the route. Not sure if you can use Spotlight and Waypoints together, but who knows, maybe you can?

I'm trying to go from A to B and film around a POI and then return back to A. The machine flies the route great, but I cannot find a way to pitch the camera to the POI. I have yaw set to POI and that works great, but I can't find pitch POI.

Using H20 and DJI GO 4. Any info appreciated. Also are there 3rd party mapping programs available out there for the M300?

Thanks.

You can set that up via waypoint instructions in DJI Pilot. You have to set each instruction at each waypoint. For example, fly to waypoint A, then to Waypoint B, Once at waypoint B... Start shutter with a 2s shutter, tilt the camera to 45 degrees, turn towards POI. Ectera if it is not in the command it will skip right over it.

As for 3rd party applications at this time, I am only aware of DJI Pilot and no other applications, not even Go4, all data has to go through the Smart Controller or an attached Cyrstal Sky.

Thanks.
Hi...I am also tring to find out with difficulty from DJI and other sites on the net as to how we can fly the Matrice 300 with POI the old fasion way like you can do with other DJI products. Currently i cannot work it out where you can point the camera at the object and circle. I also want to create a 3d model of the object. I dont want to use other 3rd party apps but would rather stick to the Pilot app

Hi...I am also tring to find out with difficulty from DJI and other sites on the net as to how we can fly the Matrice 300 with POI the old fasion way like you can do with other DJI products. Currently i cannot work it out where you can point the camera at the object and circle. I also want to create a 3d model of the object. I dont want to use other 3rd party apps but would rather stick to the Pilot app
Hello, I've the same problem. I need to do a 3d model of building . Did you find a way to do this? with Pilot app , Matrice 300 drone. Thanks

Hello, I've the same problem. I need to do a 3d model of building . Did you find a way to do this? with Pilot app , Matrice 300 drone. Thanks
Diana,

Did you have any luck with your request? I'm looking to do something similar

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz