Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

USA POA longitude latitude

Reaction score
Website
www.beverlyhillsaerials.com
Im trying to file my POA online on lockheed martins 1800wxbrief page and i can't get the long and lat correct easily....

heres my process... i grab a address from google copy and paste the long and latitude but it fails every time. i think i need to get a single central point and do not know how to do that... anyone ? I'm doing a radius map.

Im trying to file my POA online on lockheed martins 1800wxbrief page and i can't get the long and lat correct easily....

heres my process... i grab a address from google copy and paste the long and latitude but it fails every time. i think i need to get a single central point and do not know how to do that... anyone ? I'm doing a radius map.
Decimal v DMS (Degrees, Minutes, Second) format.

Likely the website doesn't accept decimal coordinates.

You have to enter the location like this: 324428N1115845W
The system does not accept decimal entries. You can convert here: GPS Latitude and Longitude Converter

You mean NOTAM, not POA.

POA = Plan pf Activities as per 333 exemption for Closed set Filming is required as well as the Notam.

"If this exemption permits operations for the purpose of closed-set motion picture and television filming and production, the following additional conditions and limitations apply.

1. The operator must have a motion picture and television operations manual (MPTOM) as documented in this grant of exemption.

2. At least 3 days before aerial filming, the operator of the UAS affected by this exemption must submit a written Plan of Activities to the local Flight Standards District Office (FSDO) with jurisdiction over the area of proposed filming. The 3-day notification may be waived with the concurrence of the FSDO. The plan of activities must include at least the following:
    1. Dates and times for all flights;

2. Name and phone number of the operator for the UAS aerial filming conducted

under this grant of exemption;

3. Name and phone number of the person responsible for the on-scene operation of

the UAS;

4. Make, model, and serial or N−Number of UAS to be used;

5. Name and certificate number of UAS PICs involved in the aerial filming;

6. A statement that the operator has obtained permission from property owners

and/or local officials to conduct the filming production event; the list of those

who gave permission must be made available to the inspector upon request;

7. Signature of exemption holder or representative; and

8. A description of the flight activity, including maps or diagrams of any area, city,

town, county, and/or state over which filming will be conducted and the altitudes essential to accomplish the operation.
  3. Flight operations may be conducted closer than 500 feet from participating persons consenting to be involved and necessary for the filming production, as specified in the exemption holder’s MPTOM"

POA is a document. It only needs to go to the FSDO. If it's LAX, it'll be Jim or Jim (there's two of them). Takes minimum 3 working days. NOTAM you post 72 to 24 hours before flying either online or by calling. Here's an example NOTAM (not mine):

NOTAM UAS Operating Area RAL_05/028
DEFINED AS 1NM RADIUS OF RAL034010 (4 NM W SBD)
SFC-200FT AGL DLY 1300-2300 1605121300-1605132300.

Reactions: SanCap

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz