Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Panorama/stitch workflow? Heavy vignette on my XT!

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been trying to create stitched images with my zenmuse XT but due to there being quite a heavy vignette around my image I've been having a lot of trouble.

What are your workflows for making panorama/ stitched images?

I know with gimbal heat and other factors there will always be some vignette, but should it be kept to a minimum? Mine takes up about a quarter of the image from each side.

Thanks, any pointers would be helpful.

Which app did you use for stitching? Upload one set of pano images I can give it a try.

Hey!

Thank you so much for offering to take a look at this for me. Here is a link to a folder of images i took. Please can you let me know if you think anything is wrong or anything i can do better.
Gaps between stitches are shown by images taken straight down.

Reactions: CoreySnipes
Hey!

Thank you so much for offering to take a look at this for me. Here is a link to a folder of images i took. Please can you let me know if you think anything is wrong or anything i can do better.
Gaps between stitches are shown by images taken straight down.

Just eyeballing the photo set, I think you may not have enough overlap in your images, so the software may be struggling to find common points in the photos. That is, you might need to take photos more often as you orbit the building. I'm going to see if I can run these through OpenDroneMap, but first wanted to mention that observation while I was thinking about it.

Just eyeballing the photo set, I think you may not have enough overlap in your images, so the software may be struggling to find common points in the photos. That is, you might need to take photos more often as you orbit the building. I'm going to see if I can run these through OpenDroneMap, but first wanted to mention that observation while I was thinking about it.
OK, yeah, ODM is Structure From Motion / Photogrammetry (not stitching) so this isn't really what you were asking for. However I tried running it anyway, and the tool wasn't able to accomplish anything useful.

My recommendation (which would also improve your results in stitching) is to re-fly, and take a lot more photos. Increasing your overlap will give you a lot more common points between your photos, which will help the software.

Hey,
Thanks for taking a look. Instead of creating a 3D model from a full orbit I was just hoping to use multiple pictures to generate higher resolution images from the two corners, sorry i didn't really state too much!

My current workflow has been editing them in a batch to a color pallette, tuning the scale and then using Microsoft Image Editor to assemble them. However there seems to be a large vignette on the pictures when I'm tuning so its been difficult to do it well.

Is there a chance too much overlap may ruin may cause inaccurate thermal data?

Hey,
Thanks for taking a look. Instead of creating a 3D model from a full orbit I was just hoping to use multiple pictures to generate higher resolution images from the two corners, sorry i didn't really state too much!

My current workflow has been editing them in a batch to a color pallette, tuning the scale and then using Microsoft Image Editor to assemble them. However there seems to be a large vignette on the pictures when I'm tuning so its been difficult to do it well.

Is there a chance too much overlap may ruin may cause inaccurate thermal data?
Ah, OK - I see what you're trying to do. Sorry, I don't really have much knowledge or experience in that area.

I was reading through this and wondering which model of the XT camera you were using. If you would like maybe I can help you with an additional data set that has the same parameters as yours so we can isolate software vs. hardware issues.

Hmm don't quite understand it, is this the same post you did at InspirePilots that somehow got duplicated here? Anyway see my reply over there.

I've been trying to create stitched images with my zenmuse XT but due to there being quite a heavy vignette around my image I've been having a lot of trouble.
What are your workflows for making panorama/ stitched images?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz