Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

UK Ops Manual Volume 2 question, multiple UAVs

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Thats me almost ready to submit the first draft of my entire ops manual ,volume 1 and 2 to Resource group to check over before applying for my PFAW, however I have a quick question, I had one Inspire when I first submitted my FRCs and technical specs to Resource group but since then I've crashed my original Inspire , written it off and purchased 2 more Inspires, one for daily use and one backup, I want to use them both commercially, can I add both serial numbers to my Technical specs and show this as a document amendment since they are identical spec'd aircraft, or will I have to submit 2 sets of Technical specs, one for each Inspire?
Thanks!

Hi folks,
Thats me almost ready to submit the first draft of my entire ops manual ,volume 1 and 2 to Resource group to check over before applying for my PFAW, however I have a quick question, I had one Inspire when I first submitted my FRCs and technical specs to Resource group but since then I've crashed my original Inspire , written it off and purchased 2 more Inspires, one for daily use and one backup, I want to use them both commercially, can I add both serial numbers to my Technical specs and show this as a document amendment since they are identical spec'd aircraft, or will I have to submit 2 sets of Technical specs, one for each Inspire?
Thanks!
At the end of the day it is YOUR product so obviously your choice how you do/show it but what I would say is......
Since both aircraft are the same they will be called something like 'turramin 1 and turramin 2' to identify them in your fleet etc.
I would cut and paste the tech data (since it's identical) and just change the serial numbers within the spec. That way they are shown individually (since they are individual aircraft) and given their appropriate names/designation in their own table.
Remember to amend your checklists and FRC's to show show that they are applicable to both 'turramin 1 & 2'.
Doing your fleet this way makes it easier to amend or replace or add aircraft in the future and also keeps them separate should you modify one or change the spec of a particular aircraft (like adding a different payload, thermal camera etc).
Like I say though - you do not HAVE to do it that way as long as the information is shown, is clear and unambiguous and your procedures are reflected for all aircraft you will operate under your PFAW.

Reactions: turramin
At the end of the day it is YOUR product somobvioisly your choice how you do/show it but what I would say is......
Since both aircraft are the same they will be called something like 'turramin 1 and turramin2' to identify them in your fleet etc.
I would cut and paste the tech data (since it's identical) and just change the serial numbers within the spec. That way they are shown individually (since they are individual aircraft) and given their appropriate names/designation in their own table.
Remember to amend your checklists and FRC's to show show that they are applicable to both 'turramin 1 & 2'.
Doing your fleet this way makes it easier to amend or replace or add aircraft in the future and also keeps them separate should you modify 1 or change the spec of a particular aircraft (like adding a different payload, thermal camera etc).
LikemI say though - you do not HAVE to do it that way as long as the information is shown, is clear and unambiguous and your procedures are reflected for all aircraft you will operate under your PFAW.

Cheers! that makes perfect sense, I have been staring at my computer screen for the last 10 hours completing Volume 1 and I'm now just putting everything together when I realised that I still had my crashed Inspire listed. I think my brain stopped functioning corretly round about Accident / Incident and Investigation Policy a few hours ago :D Hopefully I'll get it all finished today to submit to Resource Group.

Cheers! that makes perfect sense, I have been staring at my computer screen for the last 10 hours completing Volume 1 and I'm now just putting everything together when I realised that I still had my crashed Inspire listed. I think my brain stopped functioning corretly round about Accident / Incident and Investigation Policy a few hours ago :D Hopefully I'll get it all finished today to submit to Resource Group.
Yup - there are times you just need a break from it and say 'I will look at it again later/tomorrow". You can get 'Ops Manual Fever' during writing it. :)
It's a nice feeling though when it's all submitted and you get the "OK" back from your NQE and you know that part is over and done with.

Reactions: turramin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz